Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Sierra Tower Pro Review!

Default First Sierra Tower Pro Review!

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: First Sierra Tower Pro Review!

Congrats! What a great review

That was a great review and truthfully, what I expected from the speakers. Now I need to read a review on the tower with the ribbon tweeter. Since the NrT tweet was a little forward for my very less than ideal listening area I'm very interested in the Ribbon Towers

Congrats Dave & Co, that was a stellar review.
    Jon O.

Hi Dave, shall we expect prices to go up now that the towers have been reviewed professionally?

I believe the current prices are still the pre-order prices. I thought a while back Dave said that the prices would go up after the first production run. I also thought I remember him projecting the wholesale price of the RAAL ribbons to go up soon. Glad I got my order in already.

lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbolz View Post
    Hi Dave, shall we expect prices to go up now that the towers have been reviewed professionally?
    Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I believe the current prices are still the pre-order prices. I thought a while back Dave said that the prices would go up after the first production run. I also thought I remember him projecting the wholesale price of the RAAL ribbons to go up soon. Glad I got my order in already.
    I am happy to report that we have no plans to raise any pricing just yet. With the RAAL Ribbons, due to the high demand -- we ordered 2x the quantity so we were able to take advantage of slightly better volume pricing, which compensates for RAAL's price increase. In addition (and this is the major factor), at the time we placed our order -- the Dollar was quite a bit stronger against the Euro. I am concerned about fuel prices though, shipping from Serbia is a small fortune

We are also investigating another source of bamboo that promises to be slightly less expensive than what we currently source while offering the same or even better quality. The problem we face with bamboo is that the 4' x 8' panels are so expensive that, unlike MDF, we can't afford to throw away any panels so the quality of the batch must be perfect.

I estimate that we are good on current pricing for at least the next 3 months.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    That was a great review and truthfully, what I expected from the speakers. Now I need to read a review on the tower with the ribbon tweeter. Since the NrT tweet was a little forward for my very less than ideal listening area I'm very interested in the Ribbon Towers
    It is somewhat hard to imagine without hearing it, but the RAAL ribbon is more relaxed and noticeably smoother, yet quite a bit more detailed. I can't imagine anyone ever describing it as forward -- it is practically invisible but the highs are all there
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am happy to report that we have no plans to raise any pricing just yet. With the RAAL Ribbons, due to the high demand -- we ordered 2x the quantity so we were able to take advantage of slightly better volume pricing, which compensates for RAAL's price increase. In addition (and this is the major factor), at the time we placed our order -- the Dollar was quite a bit stronger against the Euro. I am concerned about fuel prices though, shipping from Serbia is a small fortune

We are also investigating another source of bamboo that promises to be slightly less expensive than what we currently source while offering the same or even better quality. The problem we face with bamboo is that the 4' x 8' panels are so expensive that, unlike MDF, we can't afford to throw away any panels so the quality of the batch must be perfect.

I estimate that we are good on current pricing for at least the next 3 months.
    Dave, got a question for you.
    have you built the ascend sierra tower with MDF and compared to bamboo? Was using bamboo a significant improvement in sound quality over the MDF?
    Last edited by RicardoJoa; 03-13-2012 at 12:43 PM.