Hello everyone. For a while I was kicking around the idea of getting a set of Axiom speakers to upgrade from my current Athena AS-C1 and AS-B1's. After reading various threads on blu-ray.com and avsforum.com, I was seeing some say they were 'bright' speakers. Which if they are anything like the new V.7 Paradigm Monitor line, to me that isn't a good thing, as they were overly harsh sounding with the volume turned up. As well as not performing very well with Yamaha AVR's(I have an RX-A700, which I do not plan on replacing). So I did some more research and reading the various speaker threads on both of the above mentioned sites(I'm a member at blu-ray.com), I read about this company, which has me leaning towards making my purchase with Ascend instead. I have quite a decent sized movie/music collection, 125 blu ray's, around 40-50 dvd's and about 500 cd's. Seeing all the positive remarks towards the Ascends, I have decided to try a pair of the CBM-170's. If I like what I hear then I will order the 340 center channel and possibly a pair of either the CBM-170's or HTM-200's for surround's. As for the area where they will be used, I have a 700sq foot apartment, which is why I am going with bookshelf speakers as opposed to towers. I also have Velodyne VX-11 subwoofer along with a DIY sub riser. I have a few SACD's and a couple of DTS/DVD-A discs, and was wondering if the 170's would be a good choice for the surrounds for listening to mulit-channel music or if the 200's would be better. Look forward to interacting with everyone here and making some new friends.
Cliff