Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    I couldn't wait any longer, the STC with RAAL has been ordered!

I opted to sell some of my previous Theater room gear(ascend speakers unfortunately) to fund the purchase since I wont be setting up the theater in the new house for some time.

From the sounds of it, this center should be an excellent match to my Towers not to mention a very dynamic awesome speaker in its own right!
    You are a bad bad influence. I recall when i first discovered the magic that is Ascend it was your anticipation/arrival review of the towers that put me over the edge. Now, you tempt with talk of STC with RAAL.

Quote Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post
    You are a bad bad influence. I recall when i first discovered the magic that is Ascend it was your anticipation/arrival review of the towers that put me over the edge. Now, you tempt with talk of STC with RAAL.
    You said it, mariob33. I'm gonna need a 12-step program at some point!

Actually, it's all Dave's fault. If he wouldn't be such a perfectionist and offer amazing quality and value for money, I'd uh, be much less happy.

I opted to sell some of my previous Theater room gear(ascend speakers unfortunately) to fund the purchase...
    This part stuck out at me. Brandon has committed an unpardonable infraction against his peers and against the way of life that is Ascend. He must be punished with seppuku by using the poles of his speaker stands.

Yes, I'm feeling facetious and off-topic today.

On-topic: Dave, thank you for posting the additional info and pictures. Much appreciated.

Jay and Brandon: looking forward to reading your thoughts on the ribbon Horizons. You guys are gonna have one #$&%~@* amazing system!
    -Jacob

I know Jay was considering bringing his RAAL center along for demo...hopefully if Brandon receives his in time, they'll be able to demo them as a pair...in what is already turning out to be an impressive array of speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post
    Ha, good stuff! I'm here to help

Sorry about that. I need the cash for the STC, its not cheap with the RAAL
    My extra ascends will find good homes, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post

This part stuck out at me. Brandon has committed an unpardonable infraction against his peers and against the way of life that is Ascend. He must be punished with seppuku by using the poles of his speaker stands.

Yes, I'm feeling facetious and off-topic today.

On-topic: Dave, thank you for posting the additional info and pictures. Much appreciated.

Jay and Brandon: looking forward to reading your thoughts on the ribbon Horizons. You guys are gonna have one #$&%~@* amazing system!

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I know Jay was considering bringing his RAAL center along for demo...hopefully if Brandon receives his in time, they'll be able to demo them as a pair...in what is already turning out to be an impressive array of speakers...
    Jay and I have already considered this, great minds think alike!

Jay and I have already considered this, great minds think alike!
    Ya, since the RAALs are delivered in matched sets, I suppose this should be mentioned to the Davemeister!

Jay

if any of you are planning to sell your current center to make room for the upgrade, please drop me a line

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The Horizon, however, seems to have a bit more “slam” to it.

If someone is seriously considering a set of Horizons vs. Sierra Towers, if dynamic home theater is the highest priority for the system, a set of (3) Horizons is a great solution if they can be properly placed into the room. If music listening is high priority, Sierra Towers as mains is the better choice.
    thanks for the reply. i still think i like the center better for its shorter proportions and the front port. if paired with a great sub, would their be less low-end differences between the two? can you elaborate on 'slam' some how?

I don't see the dimensions of the STC in this particular thread...I've seen them somewhere....maybe in another thread? I would like to know their exact measurments because I have a feeling my display will need to raised in order to accommodate the STC(see avatar) which I'll be looking to order in the next few weeks.

Just doing some early homework and "YES" I'm getting rid of the inwalls...