Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: The STC -- this is NO "center" channel speaker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Not only are these the absolute perfect match to the Sierra Towers, but their performance as mains is causing me to re-think everything. Although this is EASILY the absolute best center I have ever heard, I must re-consider our original intention to market this speaker as a “center” Their performance as left/right mains is, quite frankly, astonishing and I can see many people using these as fronts.[/URL]
    i was hoping this would happen any ideas on pricing if these were paired as mains? similar/same pricing?

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Dave,

Could you describe the similarities and differences between the Sierra Towers and Sierra Horizons as LR mains? Is it just the soundstage that is different or are there other differences? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    This is the latest pricing info I could find (as of Dec 2, 2011):

Complete post here.

I know neodymium prices went nuts last year. It must be really difficult to control costs and balance profit margins in this economy.
    Ah thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    i was hoping this would happen any ideas on pricing if these were paired as mains? similar/same pricing?
    Yeah, so more expensive than the towers, hmmm (998x2=1996 vs 1898.00 for towers)

Sierra horizon is interesting, but i think we might need more benifits to go with it over the tower. So far , i can think of the front slot port being a benefit.
    Keep in mind that we will have to spend some cash on a good set of stands. It might also take up more cubic feet as these are much wider. The cost should be lower as the cost of the plinth are no longer incured, but it might be more costly to built the front slot and the total orders are lower for this particular design.
    Dave, we are certainly waiting for your views.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    Sierra horizon is interesting, but i think we might need more benifits to go with it over the tower. So far , i can think of the front slot port being a benefit.
    Keep in mind that we will have to spend some cash on a good set of stands. It might also take up more cubic feet as these are much wider. The cost should be lower as the cost of the plinth are no longer incured, but it might be more costly to built the front slot and the total orders are lower for this particular design.
    Dave, we are certainly waiting for your views.
    I would have to believe due to the complexity of the cabinet, and the amount of material it requires, the Horizon will always be more expensive than the Tower.

I am also quite curious as to the performance differences between them. I'm sure Dave will chime in when he gets the swamp drained a bit more. Must be a mad house around there lately trying to get all those backorders filled.

I get the distinct impression that they ended up with many more orders than expected.

Jay

Question Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Verrry Interesting. I can't find any pictures of the "Horizons" in a completed state. Would they be placed vertically, on stands, as Stereo Mains?

Are there any images available? Please link me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    Verrry Interesting. I can't find any pictures of the "Horizons" in a completed state. Would they be placed vertically, on stands, as Stereo Mains?

Are there any images available? Please link me.
    #1: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...7770#post37770

#2: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...8656#post38656

#3: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9395#post39395

(for #3, watch YouTube video and skip to 1:25 to see Horizon in action)
    -Jacob

Thanx for the Lynx...

Dave.. Are you using the Horizons, for stereo mains, in a vertical stance?

Are there any pictures of them being used as mains. I am a fan of large monitors on stands. (Male Terriers in the house)

Hm. Dave's answer may very well be different, but I can't imagine the speakers' qualities and advantages would remain the same if their orientation was altered so drastically. It would probably require a redesign of sorts to accomodate.
    Sierra 2 Front LR PA-1 DC-1
    Sierra Luna Surround LR Multichannel via UMC-1 Stereo amp via VSX-D912 AVR
    DC-1 Ext 2 Ch DAC LR XLR to Mono Amps LR RCA to UMC-1 Opt
    T2531 31 Band Stereo Graphic EQ XLR RCA
    PA-1 LR XLR Mono Block 140Watt @ 8 Ohms Class D Amps
    UMC-1 Line Stage Sub X-over @ 40Hz
    L12 12" Subwoofer RCA
    P3 Power Plant A/C Regenerator - Can dramatically improve sound quality realism after 350 hours or 2 weeks of cumulative burn in
    40" HDR 4K TV Opt
    Windows 11 Gaming HTPC HDMI
    D2R

Thumbs up Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Yes, I finally found the video Dave posted with the SPL meter. I imagine the dispersment patterns would be off with them vertical.

I want to hear more about the Horizons as Mains in the horizontal position Sound Anchors could make stands. I have had my local metal fabricating shop make stands too.