Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Can someone please measure the distance between the edge of the cabinet and the binding post? Thanks in advance

horizon_binding_post_measurement.png

Horizon Post Location 7-17-17.jpg

Mine measures 2 5/8" Note that my posts are offset toward the left side of the speaker viewed from behind the speaker, which appears to be opposite side of the speaker in your photo. My speaker was purchased in early 2017.

Thanks Brian. I just took the photo from the store page. It's probably just an old photo. If you look closely the label says "Sierra Tower Center," which is what it was called before it got the Horizon name.

I am considering the Horizon as a replacement for my HTD Level 3 center. I also have Level 3 L/R books, though...will this blend well? I don't think I can spring for the RAAL tweeter though, so I'll end up with L/R with Kapton ribbons and a center with a soft dome.
    Prospective Ascend Owner
    7.1.4 - LG OLED 55B6 - Marantz 6011 - HTD Level 3 - Oppo 203

Quote Originally Posted by Jaurhead View Post
    I am considering the Horizon as a replacement for my HTD Level 3 center. I also have Level 3 L/R books, though...will this blend well? I don't think I can spring for the RAAL tweeter though, so I'll end up with L/R with Kapton ribbons and a center with a soft dome.
    I have heard the Level 3's.
    IMO, you would be better served by replacing the HTD Level 3's across the front with CMT-340SE's.
    -curtis

Default Re: Giving up anything sonically w/ the low profile Horizon custom build?

I'm assuming the measurements on the product page are for the nrt tweeters. Are there measurement charts for the RAAL upgrade?

Default Re: Giving up anything sonically w/ the low profile Horizon custom build?

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I'm assuming the measurements on the product page are for the nrt tweeters. Are there measurement charts for the RAAL upgrade?
    Click on the blue hyperlink that says detailed information about the RAAL tweeter. It’s right below the line that tells you the upgrade cost.

Thanks!!

Default recommended amplifier for Horizon RAAL?

I have heard that class-D amplifiers and ribbon tweeters like the RAAL do not play nice together.

Can someone recommended a good class-AB monoblock amplifier that works well with the Horizon RAAL? (I have a surround processor without amplifiers so I have to use separates...)

Thanks.
    Last edited by dkuster; 09-19-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: recommended amplifier for Horizon RAAL?

Quote Originally Posted by dkuster View Post
    I have heard that class-D amplifiers and ribbon tweeters like the RAAL do not play nice together.

Can someone recommended a good class-AB monoblock amplifier that works well with the Horizon RAAL? (I have a surround processor without amplifiers so I have to use separates...)

Thanks.
    I love my ATI.
    Ascend uses an ADA PTM-6150 in their demo room.
    -curtis