Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I had the same level of excitement for my order and called/emailed them a lot, they're very resilient so don't worry, they understand it's a lot of money to spend for a lot of us.

Just remember that Dave wears many hats at Ascend so emails can take a couple days depending on how busy they are. The key is that he knows what he's doing and will take care of you. They sell a low profile version of the Horizon that I'm sure you'll love.
    Thanks sludge.

Default Re: Giving up anything sonically w/ the low profile Horizon custom build?

Quote Originally Posted by 14er View Post
    I would like to order a custom Horizon speaker and have tried PM'ing Dave, emailing customer service and sales and have had zero luck. Is calling the best way to get a hold of someone at Ascend that could help me? I might've answered my own question.

Anyway, I would like to get the lowest profile Horizon I can without affecting the performance. Depth or width is not an issue.

I want to give you more $$$, Dave. Help.
    Sorry 14er, I have fallen behind on my emails. Please be patient, I will try to get to your email tonight. If not, certainly tomorrow.

Thanks!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wouldn't you know it, I finally pull the trigger on the Horizon and they are back ordered. Ugh!

Oh, and Dave if you read this. I completely changed my setup/layout so I could fit the Horizon. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Patience, I don't have it.

Wouldn't you know it, I finally pull the trigger on the Horizon and they are back ordered. Ugh!

Oh, and Dave if you read this. I completely changed my setup/layout so I could fit the Horizon. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Patience, I don't have it.
    My apologies for the stock status - but the good news is that the Horizon cabinets should be here within a week so the wait is not too long at all.

Thanks again for getting the order in and I am glad you worked things out to fit the horizon. You will love it!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    My apologies for the stock status - but the good news is that the Horizon cabinets should be here within a week so the wait is not too long at all.

Thanks again for getting the order in and I am glad you worked things out to fit the horizon. You will love it!!!
    Exciting news!

Random Question. I am looking for a low media center that will fit a horizon center on one of the shelves. Turns out that this task is harder than I originally thought. Someone please give me an idea of where to look. Havent decided on cherry or espresso color speakers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler07sms View Post
    Random Question. I am looking for a low media center that will fit a horizon center on one of the shelves. Turns out that this task is harder than I originally thought. Someone please give me an idea of where to look. Havent decided on cherry or espresso color speakers yet.
    I have searched for months on this problem. Not much success. The only thing I found was the "triple play tv stands" that support the tv on their own. There are plenty out there but I couldn't find any where online that states the measurement between the bottom of the tv to the top of the shelf.

Something like this.

I ended up moving my living room around so I could get the full size Horizon.

I have searched for months on this problem. Not much success. The only thing I found was the "triple play tv stands" that support the tv on their own. There are plenty out there but I couldn't find any where online that states the measurement between the bottom of the tv to the top of the shelf.

Something like this.

I ended up moving my living room around so I could get the full size Horizon.
    Thats what I am afraid of. I have seen those media stands but looking for something more like a full enclosed cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler07sms View Post
    Thats what I am afraid of. I have seen those media stands but looking for something more like a full enclosed cabinet.
    There isn't much out there, you might be looking at a custom cabinet.

Salamander's modular system might give you some ideas:
    http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/pro...6f56beb9f4?f=m

I think the center shelf on the 248 is adjustable. Or maybe go with a 1 high or 2 high and set the Horizon on top of the cabinet? Salamander cabinets are nice but pricey.

I gave up on looking for the right cabinet a long time ago because they are just so expensive. I used to have one, but it wasn't the right configuration and it was just too big. It also messed up my center image considerably, because when I went to an audio rack, the whole image got so much clearer and wider. It was well worth the change in my opinion. I also was able to put in two of the 10" extender kits to house my amp and processor and I took the top rack off. For extra storage I have a smaller audio shelf on the side that has my sources in it, and I plan to get something different for that soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Audio-R.../dp/B00XW90MAO

12821328_10101981772424168_3225924713978838525_n.jpg