Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Giving up anything sonically w/ the low profile Horizon custom build?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    So you are referring to the custom order "slim" Horizon, correct?

You would be giving up very little. As you noted the dispersion would be a little different.

While the height will be 8 inches, it will be wider...I don't know the exact dimensions, but you'll need to make sure it fits your space.
    Thanks, Curtis. In terms of width, I have quite a bit to work with -- approx. 40 inches.

Default Re: Giving up anything sonically w/ the low profile Horizon custom build?

Quote Originally Posted by gdtaylor1 View Post

I frankly care only a modest amount about the center, and I don't even currently run surrounds. 75% or more of my listening is music in 2.1. So, I could go with a lesser center than the Horizon if necessary. But it seems so cool.....
    Have you considered a Sierra-2 center? It is technically "a lesser center than the Horizon" but I think it is a fantastic center. I can't imagine someone being unhappy with one unless they play at extreme levels and/or listen from extreme distances.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...ierra-2-Center

Quote Originally Posted by Todd WI View Post
    Have you considered a Sierra-2 center? It is technically "a lesser center than the Horizon" but I think it is a fantastic center. I can't imagine someone being unhappy with one unless they play at extreme levels and/or listen from extreme distances.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...ierra-2-Center
    Thanks, Todd. That's a good idea...especially since for my own purposes, the 2 channel listening is far more important than the cinema experience. I suspect also that the pricing for a customer Horizon build (with RAAL also) could get ugly. Are you running the Sierra-2 as a center now?

I am running a Sierra-2 center and Sierra-2's as LR. There center is the same speaker except with the tweeter turned 90 degrees so it can be placed horizontally. The only other difference is the center has a full grille.

I think they sound great. The dialog from the center is clear and voices sound natural. Best center I've owned.

double post
    Last edited by Todd WI; 02-26-2016 at 07:52 PM.

I use a Sierra 2 center with RAAL towers. Sounds fantastic on movies, TV. Dialogue is very intelligible. Also sounds well balanced w/towers on 5.1 surround music.

Steve.

I would like to order a custom Horizon speaker and have tried PM'ing Dave, emailing customer service and sales and have had zero luck. Is calling the best way to get a hold of someone at Ascend that could help me? I might've answered my own question.

Anyway, I would like to get the lowest profile Horizon I can without affecting the performance. Depth or width is not an issue.

I want to give you more $$$, Dave. Help.

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by 14er View Post
    I would like to order a custom Horizon speaker and have tried PM'ing Dave, emailing customer service and sales and have had zero luck. Is calling the best way to get a hold of someone at Ascend that could help me? I might've answered my own question.

Anyway, I would like to get the lowest profile Horizon I can without affecting the performance. Depth or width is not an issue.

I want to give you more $$$, Dave. Help.
    How long ago did you send the PM or emails?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    How long ago did you send the PM or emails?
    Yesterday morning. I guess I'm being impatient, I am just really excited so I apologize if I am being annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 14er View Post
    Yesterday morning. I guess I'm being impatient, I am just really excited so I apologize if I am being annoying.
    I had the same level of excitement for my order and called/emailed them a lot, they're very resilient so don't worry, they understand it's a lot of money to spend for a lot of us.

Just remember that Dave wears many hats at Ascend so emails can take a couple days depending on how busy they are. The key is that he knows what he's doing and will take care of you. They sell a low profile version of the Horizon that I'm sure you'll love.