Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Tried my best shot at ESP, couldn't get a fix on your location. That's always a big help when looking for an audition.

Jay
    I am sorry Jay, I am in the Dallas, TX area.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by GPeaslee View Post
    I can't speak about the Sierra Towers, as my room is too small for them. However I can say that the Sierra 2's and Horizon center all with RAAL sound incredible and create a seamless front sound stage. I previously had Sierra 1's and Sierra 1 Center all with NrT, and the upgrade to Sierra 2's and Horizon center all with RAAL was huge. I use my system mainly for HT, so the larger Horizon center and the RAAL tweeters really improved the dialogue. For music listening, the RAAL tweeters are also sweet.
    Thanks G-man, That is good to hear. It has been suggested i stay with the Towers since I have a large open space that needs to fill with the Sound. I will just have to budget for the Center Next Year :-). And and better AMP and a Second SUB etc etc ;-) ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by jollo View Post
    Thanks Nate. The Horizon is angled down as much as I can get it. Here is a pic:

Attachment 1029
    Great Photo Joe.
    What make is that Cabinet. Would that not hold the Horizon in the Center?
    Thanks.
    Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    Great Photo Joe.
    Thanks.
    Neal
    Not Joe, but that's a BDI Ola. The 1st reflection from the floor would be pretty bad if one were to shoehorn the Horizon into it.

Great Photo Joe.
    Thanks.
    Neal
    Hi Neal. As Kisakuku said, the Horizon is too big to go in the cabinet but if the TV was raised the Horizon will sit on the top. Here are some older photos when I had it sitting on the stand if you would like to see them: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j4xtnfulbv7xwd0/VPOZ0WENuT#/

I've decided I like the TV lower, so I mounted the Horizon above.
    Joe

It's quite obvious that the careful positioning of Mr Potatoehead is what is resulting in the superior sound.

Smile Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by jollo View Post
    Hi Neal. As Kisakuku said, the Horizon is too big to go in the cabinet but if the TV was raised the Horizon will sit on the top. Here are some older photos when I had it sitting on the stand if you would like to see them: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j4xtnfulbv7xwd0/VPOZ0WENuT#/

I've decided I like the TV lower, so I mounted the Horizon above.
    WOW Thanks for those photo's. Unfortunately I do not believe my 80 Inch Sharp will sit on top of the Horizon. It does not have a Stand that is movable. Also I do not have a Wall behind the TV to mount the Horizon or it would be a done deal.

BTW Just ran Audyssey on my Onkyo after also hooking up the Sierra's and put in Batman - The Dark Knight. It Played really well at 0 DB with no strain at all to the Speakers or the AVR. The Dialogue was also crystal clear and crisp in the biggest of Explosions.

Interestingly when I was using the Sierra1's as FL/FR the Sub was set to -3DB. WIth the Towers Audyssey set the Sub to -8DB AND set the Speakers to LARGE. It put the Crossover on the Center at 70HZ.
    Now I just need to find some good music to test this setup.

Off to bed now :-) :-)

WOW Thanks for those photo's. Unfortunately I do not believe my 80 Inch Sharp will sit on top of the Horizon. It does not have a Stand that is movable. Also I do not have a Wall behind the TV to mount the Horizon or it would be a done deal.
    You could use a BDI Arena freestanding mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McIntosh View Post
    It's quite obvious that the careful positioning of Mr Potatoehead is what is resulting in the superior sound.
    Mr. Taterhead is the protector and guardian of all couch potatoes (and he likes it loud).
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
    You could use a BDI Arena freestanding mount.
    It is a great suggestion but looking at the mount and the TV it would still not be high enough. I am going to see if I can modify the middle shelf on the Z-Line stand and put it there which would be only maybe 18 inches from the floor and perhaps put lot of carpeting in front so the sound does not bounce off the wood floor. A home renovation may be in order LOL.