Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Man you guys are making the wait a wee more harder on me! Well just a few more days and I'll be experiencing what you both have for weeks

I think I'll put some Patricia Barber sacd first and then hit some movies.

Djoel
    Sorry about that Dan, I know how that feels for sure! I love the PB as well, but maybe rethink about it, and get a multi-channel ready, cause you want the whole shebang struttin' their stuff!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Sorry about that Dan, I know how that feels for sure! I love the PB as well, but maybe rethink about it, and get a multi-channel ready, cause you want the whole shebang struttin' their stuff!

Jay

No worries Jay, they're coming this Monday so the wait is almost over I should be able to handle it

Yes you're right about the PB it's non mch, I was thinking about her sultry voice on the HTC
    Maybe some beck, or Depeche Mode, or some heavy Jazz ooh the choices

Thanks

Dan

Sent a deposit for my STC the other day...satin espresso was running out...I'm still undecided on the Twet....though?
    I noticed on my invoice that I received a 3 spk discount....wasn't expecting that...

Thanks Ascend....

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Sent a deposit for my STC the other day...satin espresso was running out...I'm still undecided on the Twet....though?
    I noticed on my invoice that I received a 3 spk discount....wasn't expecting that...

Thanks Ascend....
    Congrats, thats awesome! What are you planning to use as mains, the Towers with the Nrt or RAALs?

I already have the NrT Towers and will likely go that route when I finalize my order but the my primary concern here is dialouge intelligibility that has me wondering what if?

I already have the NrT Towers and will likely go that route when I finalize my order but the my primary concern here is dialouge intelligibility that has me wondering what if?
    I understand the dilemma. The premium on the ribbon tweeter can cause one to evaluate the necessity, especially since the NrT is already an amazing component. However, after reading all of the feedback on the RAAL ribbons and analyzing Dave's objective study (NrT vs RAAL), I decided to foot the extra for the ribbon version. It's a no-brainer considering my listening preferences. The center speaker is (arguably) the most important for multichannel content.

The added benefit with choosing the RAAL version is that I won't have the upgrade in the back of my mind. You know, the "what if" question that becomes the seed of Upgradites. I did the same thing when I ordered my Rythmik F15SE. Originally, I had planned on the F12SE, but knew I would eventually wonder about that little bit extra. I didn't want to deal with that, so I paid the extra for the F15SE version. Absolutely no regrets. I'm going to do the same thing with the Horizon/STC by choosing the RAAL upgrade over the NrT.

Then all I'll have left to upgrade is my AVR, but not before Christmas.
    -Jacob

Obviously you could go either way. The RAAL probably wont be a major difference/improvement but it cant hurt. It simply is more accurate so......

I went with RAAL all across the front, I pretty much felt the same way Dark Ranger about the Up grade thing..I would have spend many nights wondering how much of a difference the Raal were compare the NrT's..I did get the Towers for surround duties as well, so I'll be doing some comparisons between the two.
    I've own speakers with ribbon tweeters so I'm aware how beneficial they can be for music listening, and certain movies.

Good luck either way.

Djoel

There is a definite difference in the sound of the two tweeters, but I don't think dialogue intelligibility would make much of a difference. I am sure you don't have dialogue problems with your current Towers.

I think it would be better to have the same tweeter across the front.

Also remember, if you go RAAL, you can not go back to the NrT in the cabinet.

All RAAL or all NrT would be my choice.
    -curtis

Appreciate all your opinions guys....thanks....