Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I think the towers would probably be fine for your room, I don't think they are as picky as Axiom's gear, I've heard that their speakers can be very finicky. I have had my Towers close to walls and open areas and never had an issue, personally, but the big ol' dogs present an entire other issue.

Doing two Horizons in that setup would be totally fine, but yeah I wouldn't want to wall mount them. I'd get some beefy shelves and just put them on those, up against the wall or close to it. Just make sure they are long enough to hold them. I would also run them full range, they have such tight impact it's awesome. Even with the subwoofer, I very much enjoy running mine full range.

Dual subs would also be the way to go for that room to even out the frequency response. The F8 isn't really necessary because it can play really high and you don't really need that, an F12 will give you 1.5 dB more output per sub, and it just goes up from there. Even an LV12R would be 2.5 dB more output than the F8 at 20 Hz, so I think that would make more sense for your budget and your setup.

Another option would be to wait for the Lunas, which would be really easy to mount right to the wall, and pair those with dual F8's crossed over and set to small. That would be really sweet indeed.
    Hi friend, I'm using same ascend gear for my front setup all RAAL with an emotiva xpa 5 gen 1 and Sierra 2 for rears. Would like to hear from you how you like the matching setup with the amp. It sounds a little too bright on the higher frequency, too forward at loud level for my taste. Loud level mean between 70-90db reference with a SPL meter with 10 feets of distance. Is it same for you? I was curious if you ever tried with other amp model. Dave suggest me trying ati 2000 series, parasound or bryston. Any idea? Thanks
    Last edited by joblain; 01-11-2017 at 11:25 AM.