Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Hi Guys,

I apologize for all of the delays. Regrettably, we had a delay in receiving an important shipment of capacitors that are required to finish the Horizon crossovers. Thankfully these capacitors arrived today. We are really behind right now so I ask you for your continued patience. Shipping notices will be going out shortly for the Horizons.

Okay – now to summarize some thoughts after many hours of listening comparisons.

Do the Horizons work well vertically? – Yes, absolutely. I find that they perform best with their tweeters to the outside but this will depend on your room. With regard to vertical vs. horizontal orientation, I feel that the speakers are slightly more coherent when placed horizontally, which is to be expected as this was their original design goals. However, their performance when oriented vertically is actually better than I would have anticipated. In fact, this unique speaker’s performance is quite remarkable when considering its size compared to typical tower speakers.

In comparison to the Sierra Towers, it does not perform better but because of its smaller size, it seems more impressive as you expect a certain level of performance with our Tower.

The Sierra Tower has more precise imaging and bass is a bit deeper, which is due to the fact that the port tube and woofers are closer to the floor, which will enhance the bass. Highs and mids are identical, which is to be expected. The Horizon, however, seems to have a bit more “slam” to it.

If someone is seriously considering a set of Horizons vs. Sierra Towers, if dynamic home theater is the highest priority for the system, a set of (3) Horizons is a great solution if they can be properly placed into the room. If music listening is high priority, Sierra Towers as mains is the better choice.

As requested, I have attached a few pics.

I hope this helps!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com