Just wondering if anyone has experimented with elevating their sub off the floor, either with an Auralax Subdude or similar?

I was chewing the fat with the owner of a local hi-end A/V shop when the subject came up. He said raising the sub will eliminate a natural bump in a certain frequency range, making the bass clearer and more linear. He did say that keeping the sub out in the room rather than near room boundaries also helped.

I found a box full of books, about 10" tall, and placed my sub on it to try it out. I still have the back of the sub about 4" from the wall. I am leaving it like this for now to get familiar with how it sounds. If I decide to try it back on the floor I will have become accustomed to the sound this way and will have a reference point.

I must say, streaming Pandora via my iPod Touch, which sends a digital signal to my Marantz AVR through a Cambridge Audio iD100 digital dock can sound surprisingly good. If you have streaming audio capability such as this, I highly recommend creating a "Techno bass" channel to really see what the Rythmik is capable of. Some of the stuff played literally rattles all the ceiling tiles in my basement, and that's from the 12" Rythmik in a 1,600-1,700 Sq.Ft. finished basement!