Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm All In (noobie)

Welcome!

Don't forget to post your thoughts.

-curtis

Congrats on your new system...you're really going to like it!

Randy

Steve, thanks for the compliment on our customer service. It's all part of the package! Enjoy the system, and I'm glad we intervened in the nick of time before that other fine company from North of the border got to you!

Good Sound to You!

James Greenberg
    www.ascendacoustics.com
    jamesg@ascendacoustics.com

I received my speakers yesterday and they sounded great to my novice ears right out of the box. I callibrated tem today and then tweaked them a lttle for my own taste and wow...I couldn't be happier. James has been great to work with. I would and will highly recommend Ascend to anyone. I look forward to watching the board for stories, updates and questions now that I am a proud Ascend owner.
    Thanks

Movies are better at home.

Steve

Congrats Steve. No question: Movies are better at home . . . at least the sound is!

Cliff

Glad you are enjoying it all Steve.

Cliff...do you have a front projector in your future?

-curtis

Curtis,

Yep, but I would say. . . distant future unfortunately. Right I have the old 27" Zenith stand-by. Darn thing just won't DIE!!!! It's well over 10 yrs. old for gosh sake.

I'm assuming your using a projector now? If so, what kind? Any advice forthcoming would be greatly appreciated.[]

Cliff

Nope...no front projector, but I do have a couple of friends that each have one...and even the under $1K models are nice to watch!

I have an 8 yr. old. 35" Mitsubishi for now.

-curtis

I love the front projector. I just took it outside Saturday night for my second annual swim in theater. My wife made me up a screen (roughly 16' x 8') and we hung it up on the back of the house and showed Pirates of the Caribbean. For that showing I use a Kustom PA and speakers. I'm not taking the ascends outside. The picture is amazing (maybe not to HT pros but to me and the kids think it's the coolest.) My speakers have been breaking in and each day sound better. I callibrated them with a SPL and then tweaked them a little from there to satisfy my 49 year old ears. Too much fun!!!

Movies are better at home.

Steve

Oh yeah. . . everybody should have a pool-side movie theater. Sheesh, if I could just get the pool! And a projector of course.[]

Going to have to start workin' the "boss" on that one.[]

Cliff