Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
I can't confirm the dates, but the 340SE, 170SE and HTM-200SE are exactly the same since their original introduction. There have been absolutely no changes to their components. I will say that our manufacturing costs have increased, on average, of about 35%... Even more so with HTM-200SE and CBM-170SE due to the rather shocking 1400% increase in neodymium.

We are a bit different than most other ID companies as I have 20+ year business relationships with most of our vendors and we typically purchase our drivers in 1000 piece quantities, which allows us to take better advantage of volume discounts. Without these resources at our disposal, there would be no possible way we could sell our products at the prices we offer.
Hats off to you, Dave.

I have been looking into Ascend for a long time way back when I was still in the Philippines. I've always dreamed of having excellent sound in my house, so as soon as I got on US soil, I immediately made it a point to get Ascend speakers when I was able to save up enough money. I initially got a pair of 170SEs. Now I just received a new pair of 340SEs. Slowly but surely working on building surround sound. All Ascend.