Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 340 or Sierra? Need Advice.

Default Re: From a 340 owner

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    You mean if I say ****** or ****** or even ***** the system will catch it?
    Looks like it did.

Whatever the words are, I didn't define them.
    -curtis

Default Re: 340 or Sierra? Need Advice.

This is a harder decision than I thought it would be, lol. Get the 340se's or spend a little over $500 more and go for the Sierra setup. I really don't want to spend the extra money but man do I want the Sierra's . Honestly I know I would be happy with the 340se's though.

With how I have heard about the Energy RC's...you will be very happy with the 340SE's.

Maybe spend the extra cash (if you really want to) on going from the Rythmik FV12 to the F15.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    With how I have heard about the Energy RC's...you will be very happy with the 340SE's.

Maybe spend the extra cash (if you really want to) on going from the Rythmik FV12 to the F15.
    LOL! Good idea . The RC-10's are definitely good but they are lacking in the mid range (at least to me). It almost sounds muffled or muddy if you crank them up a bit especially on rock music (something I have heard mentioned before about them). I am not knocking them. They are great speakers and a bargain at the closeout price right now.

Heck...you'd be happy with the CBM-170SE's or the HTM-200SE's.
    -curtis

Heck...you'd be happy with the CBM-170SE's or the HTM-200SE's.
    About a year ago, I was going to get the 170se's and honestly I am sure I would be happy with them. The Sierra's have blinded me though! It doesn't help that I have to look at your picture of your natural finish Sierra's each time you post, lol. Those are the ones I want .

Curtis makes a very good suggestion. Get the 340's and a Rythmik 15" subwoofer. With a subwoofer, there is "no replacement for displacement", so bigger woofer = better Of course, this is just my opinion.
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Quote Originally Posted by YOTR View Post
    About a year ago, I was going to get the 170se's and honestly I am sure I would be happy with them. The Sierra's have blinded me though! It doesn't help that I have to look at your picture of your natural finish Sierra's each time you post, lol. Those are the ones I want .
    I have the second pair of Sierras ever sold.

The cabinets are nicer now than when I got my pair.
    -curtis

I don't own any Ascend speakers (those Towers look awfully good, though) but just from one who has spent way too much money on this hobby:

You keep saying you know you would be happy with the 170's or the 340's but I say no, you won't. Why? Even though I am sure they are excellent speakers, the problem is that if you bought either of them, the Sierra's would still be THERE in your mind and you will always be wondering "what if?" My opinion is that it is best to spend the extra money and get the Sierras, for your own peace of mind. If you factor in the cost over the time you will be enjoying these speakers instead of wondering what if, the extra cost is not that much.

I've thought the same things you have and all it did was cost me more in the long run plus the time spent without the equipment I really wanted to have because I tried to convince myself that what I was buying was good enough.

So what monkuboy is saying.....get the Sierra Tower with the RAAL tweeter.
    -curtis