Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Review!!

Great review....I was wondering when the review was coming out, it has been listed on their website as "coming soon" for a LONG time.

-curtis

Excellent review!! Looks like another "feather in your hat" for sure Dave!!

Randy

I was going to read this review, but for kicks decided not to, it seems like more fun to post a review, and let you guys compare the two, and see if they are similar... So a question, did they test the Ascend package with or with out a subwoofer ?

DF,

Congrats on another award and the positive review.

Craig,

The reviewer used a VTF-3 sub with 4-170's and a CMT-340c. And knock off the Subaru jokes [)].

Johnny... Subaru Jokes ? You mean things like this :Were you aware that Subaru backwards is "U R A BUS" ?...[8D]

Thanks for the info... this will be a fun review

Well we just added another "Bus" to the stable today. The lady picked up a an 04 Forester today to go with my 96 Legacy. Hopefully she will have as much luck with hers as I have had with mine. Eight and a half years and it has never needed any major repairs and has only left me stuck once, when the original battery died after almost 7 years.

Just messing with you on Subaru. It is ironic though, I have put over one million miles on domestic vehicles in the last 12 years... and have paid for oil changes, tires, and that is it. If I was a typical inport owner, there would be ads about this. But since it is American, we say nothing. People still want to place domestic vehicles as being inferior to imports. I work with every franchise there is, and we underwrite "extended warranty" programs for them all... Honda and Toyota have a SLIGHT edge over Ford and GM, until you consider standard mantinance...then those two fall behind.

Hey Craig,

As they say, "it's all good". I knew you were joking on the Axiom board and so am I. But your statement about logging over a million miles over the past 12 years is meaningless unless you tell us how many cars it was in. I think that the domestics are very close with the imports in quality, and probably have been for a number of years now. The car the Forester replaced was a 89 Chrysler Lebaron with only 90,000 miles, still runs ok but the tranny had to be replaced about 5 years into ownership, luckily it was under warranty.

Johnny - You had to go an make me think...[8D]... here is the breakdown, year of vehicle and miles when I sold it...

1991 Plymouth Acclaim : 181,000
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO : 210,000
    1996 Lincoln Continental : 192,000
    1998 Lincoln Navigator : 189,000
    2001 Lincoln Navigator : 193,000
    2003 Lincoln Aviator : 105,000 currently driving

It is amazing how easily highway miles add up. And I really do also like imports.. my wife's SL-500 is her favorite... EVER (of course, she drives an Excursion Diesel for a family car)...

Back to our regularly scheduled programming... David, Congrats on receiving another reward... and I am anxious to put the 340's through a workout...[]