Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-15, F-15 or F-15HP?

Default Re: D-15, F-15 or F-15HP?

Quote Originally Posted by agoerner View Post
    My friend has the old CBM-170's and HTM-200's. Do they have the same difference in sound as the SE versions of each? I haven't gotten over to listen to them yet.

If I buy a Rythmik F15HP, I assume the difference in low end between 170 and 200 for surrounds won't be too important. Is that correct? Is the main sound difference in the mid-range?
    The SE versions of the 170 and 200 are a pretty big improvement over the older "classics".

While the subwoofer will negate the low end advantage of the 170SE over the 200SE, the 170SE will still sound a bit fuller/bigger than the 200SE.
    -curtis

If I can do one F15 and one F12, would that be preferable to two F12's?

Quote Originally Posted by agoerner View Post
    If I can do one F15 and one F12, would that be preferable to two F12's?
    Stick with a pair of the same units.
    Emotiva USP-1, ERC-1 and two UPA-1s
    Pro-Ject Xpression III and AT440MLa
    AKAI AT-2600 and Harman Kardon TD4400
    Magnepan MMG Magnestands
    Rythmik Audio F12

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    For the enclosure, I would talk to Dave or Brian.

The 170SE is definitely better than the 200SE. I made the change to 200SE's because of mounting and aesthetics, if those were not issues, I would have kept the 170SE's.
    I am getting ready to purchase a pair of the 200SEs from my surrounds. I would get the 170SE's except that I also have size and mounting considerations that make the 200SEs the choice. It was tough to resist the sale of the 170SEs when they were at the 200SE price. I have no doubt that the 200SEs please me.

I ordered the CBM-170 side surrounds with reservations about the size vs. HTM-200's. I received them last week and set them on my new SANUS 36" stands, which have dark wood that matches the wood trim on front of our leather sofas. The speakers/stands look better than I expected. We have Ficus trees on each corner that partially shield the speakers so the size does not bother us. I ran 14 ga wire down the walls over the weekend and mounted wall plates near the floor on each side wall near the back of my room.

I haven't really tested them yet because I can't figure out how to get them to work with my new Samsung Blu-ray player. The surround speakers work watching TV programs on ATT U-Verse but not with a DVD movie in the Blu-ray. I tried setting the audio settings to ENG Dolby Digital 5.1CH and ENG DTS 5.1CH, but I only get 2CH audio. I guess I will have to break down and read my Onkyo Owner's Manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images