Hi,
I'm new here. Just got a set of Sierras for the LCR and HTM-200 for the rear in a 5.1 system. I've had a Velodyne SPL-1000 (the 10" 750w rms one) for many years that I used to run with HTM-200's for the front. I upgraded!
Question is: Since the sierra's have decent low end, what frequency do I want the sub to cover? And how shall I work it? I have a panasonic XR-57 digital amp that I'll probably use the LFE output for the sub. And the sub also has an internal crossover. Do I set the speakers as Large in the receiver settings and let them get all the frequencies and have the subwoofer crossover set at like 60 Hz? Or do I set the Sierra's as "Small" in the receiver settings and set the receiver crossover to 80 Hz (that's as low as it goes)?
Thanks for any help. I did try both ways with a few songs and couldn't quite figure which was better. Maybe I need to play with it some more and listen to more stuff to decide. Since the Sierra's sound so nice, I didn't want the subwoofer to muddy the waters in the 50-80 hz range. But I'm a newbie. What do you guys think? I listen to about 50% music, 50% home theater.
Jeff