Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Tower Specifications, Measurements, Pricing

Default Re: Sierra Tower Specifications, Measurements, Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Three quick questions, Dave:

1. Is Satin Black no longer being offered?

2. Are you still pursuing the possibility of a lower priced Piano Black option, similar to the one offered for the Sierra-1?

3. If one orders the RAAL ribbon tweeter upgrade, is the cutout optimized for the RAAL at the time of cabinet production or are all cabinets made for the NrT tweeter and modified for the RAAL at your facility during final assembly? I realize that your custom RAAL tweeter has the same size flange as the NrT but requires more clearance behind for the transformer.
    Hi Gary,

1. Is Satin Black no longer being offered?
    Our black matte ended up being much more popular than the satin black. Satin black will be considered a custom option. If you are interested in this finish, please let me know now as the next batch of cabinets are already in production.

2. Are you still pursuing the possibility of a lower priced Piano Black option, similar to the one offered for the Sierra-1?
    Yes -- still considering and doing my very best to try and work this out.

3. If one orders the RAAL ribbon tweeter upgrade, is the cutout optimized for the RAAL at the time of cabinet production or are all cabinets made for the NrT tweeter and modified for the RAAL at your facility during final assembly? I realize that your custom RAAL tweeter has the same size flange as the NrT but requires more clearance behind for the transformer.
    As of right now, all cabinets are built for the NrT cutout. We modify the internal cutout to fit the RAAL at our facility.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks, Dave. I remain very interested but am likely still ~ 2-3 months away from ordering, assuming the STC is in full production by then.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I remain very interested but am likely still ~ 2-3 months away from ordering, assuming the STC is in full production by then.
    STC cabinets are in production right now

Send me an email when you get closer to deciding. A custom finish will require many weeks of additional time and we will need to set aside a set of unfinished cabinets for you.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by kwarny View Post
    I found the RAAL and NRT comparison neat. Thanks for the measurements. When I auditioned the Salk Songtower Dome and HT2 with the LCY ribbon, I loved the ribbon tweeter for the cohesiveness. I recently attended a sub GTG and I thought every sub notes had overhang besides the Rythmik. I was criticized for noticing the time domain since it is only a few ms from third party measurements. I stated this is the reason I may prefer ribbon tweeters. If you had time and extra subs laying around, would you be able to run some of these tests to see if there is a difference in the time domain for subs ?

Just want to say thanks again and congratulations on your hard work Dave. The RAAL tweeter with your tower and a Rythmik would make for one transparent system through all the frequencies .
    Hi Kwarny,

Thanks for your nice comments!

Yes -- we could run many similar time domain measurements comparing a Rythmik subwoofer to various other subwoofers. That woud be fun and extremely informative. We do have several competing subwoofers in our warehouse but I have to find the time to do this. It would probably need to be after the holidays...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes -- we could run many similar time domain measurements comparing a Rythmik subwoofer to various other subwoofers. That woud be fun and extremely informative. We do have several competing subwoofers in our warehouse but I have to find the time to do this. It would probably need to be after the holidays...
    Dave, add me to list the list of folks who'd be very interested to see this.
    Jon O.

Dave, i got a question. I notice there is a dip between 400-500hz. Did you happend to tune this area down to reduce nosy sound? or would that be croosvoer point?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    While the ribbon is indeed objectively superior, many listeners still prefer the sound of the NrT. So much depends on your source material and your own preferences -- it is very subjective.

And remember, we can upgrade your towers to the ribbons anytime
    Yeah but the $350 ish upgrade price won't last! Those Raal ribbons have really caught on and Aleksandar is asking more money for them. The days of manufacturing them in his parents house are long over! Good for him and his family! They deserve success for all that hard work!

Here is an interesting article from about 4 years ago regarding Raal and the brains behind it Alex Radisavljevic. From what I can gather he's a perfectionist and a real genius at understanding acoustics and applied electrical engineering as it pertains to driver and loudspeaker design. Sorta like our Dave here... IMHO the two are a match made in audio heaven and I bet the two think similar and would get along like a house on fire! AND they offer wares at an HONEST PRICE. A rarity in audio for sure! Both are IMHO acoustic artists virtuosos of the highest caliber on the planet!

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatur...rbia/raal.html

Just to make sure I'm not on glue... LOL

(availability last updated on 11/09)

Black Matte: $1898 immediate availability

High Gloss Black: $1998 available for pre-order
    Satin Espresso: $1998 available for pre-order
    Satin Cherry: $1998 available for pre-order
    Natural: $1898 available for pre-order

*RAAL ribbon tweeter upgrade will add $350 for each speaker. This price is expected to increase significantly once our current supply runs out.

Please call or send an email if you would like to place an order or if we can be of any assistance.
    That's PER SPEAKER or EACH right? $1998 EACH ? However if I am on glue (or this is a dream) and a set of those floor standers are $2698 a PAIR with Alex's tweeter... tweaked for Dave...

I'M IN WHERE DO I SIGN UP !?!
    Last edited by HiroPro; 11-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiroPro View Post
    That's PER SPEAKER or EACH right? $1998 EACH ? However if I am on glue (or this is a dream) and a set of those floor standers are $2698 a PAIR with Alex's tweeter... tweaked for Dave...

I'M IN WHERE DO I SIGN UP !?!
    The prices are per PAIR.
    -curtis

That's an INCREDIBLE price!!!

Others using those types of drivers are charging well over $5000 a pair.

Doing a bit of math... Dave is being very very generous and working with a lower than normal margin on those babies...

It's amazing to me Dave can build such a high caliber loudspeaker for such little money. For a DIY project using the same drivers would set you back more JUST FOR COMPONENTS and cab than Dave is asking for the finished speaker!

DAVE WE LOVE YOU!