Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340 insides!!!!

Default Re: 340 insides!!!!

Attached are a few more pics for you.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Take care!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 144 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.7 KB, 143 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (83.5 KB, 142 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (81.5 KB, 144 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (103.6 KB, 145 views)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Smile Re: 340 insides!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S_rangeBrew View Post
    No problem, Jeff. I've seen the insides of a few speakers, and these definitely are quality.

There are a few posts in these forums referencing the fact that the 340SE center and mains are the same speaker, and that the EXBAC feature can be turned on and off. My 340SE mains have the same toggle. I assume it saves Dave from having to make two separate x-overs. Anyway, I don't know for sure, but I assume that toggle when pointed down, means the EXBAC feature is turned off.

Hope you enjoy your new Ascends!
    Brew, Thank you my friend, I've seen many larger speakers without the cabinet bracing and filler or damping material of the 340SE, and I'm really impressed with the drivers also. I will certainly enjoy the 340's, I'll keep you posted. I've already made some custom stands for the mains and center, if I can figure out how to put some pics I will post them, thanks again.
    Jeff

Thanks Dave for the additional pics, can you address the toggle switch in the crossover, by the way the network is impressive?
    Best regards, Jeff

I will be contacting you soon to purchase.`

Default Let Us Know

Jeff,
    Be sure to leave us your impressions once you're set up.

My HT uses 340 SE for L/C/R, 170 SE for side surrounds and 200's for back surrounds. We watched "The Road to Perdition" last night, which has an excellent soundtrack. There's an apartment scene where a Chicago "EL" train runs by just outside. It was so realistic it was frightening!

Also, every once in a while I'll play music I haven't played on the speakers. I often find myself hearing subtleties I've never heard before, even on songs I've lived with for many years.

Default Re: Let Us Know

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    Jeff,
    Be sure to leave us your impressions once you're set up.

My HT uses 340 SE for L/C/R, 170 SE for side surrounds and 200's for back surrounds. We watched "The Road to Perdition" last night, which has an excellent soundtrack. There's an apartment scene where a Chicago "EL" train runs by just outside. It was so realistic it was frightening!

Also, every once in a while I'll play music I haven't played on the speakers. I often find myself hearing subtleties I've never heard before, even on songs I've lived with for many years.
    Thanks Doug, that is the exact system I am shooting for minus the 200's, I'm trying to put this together as as possible, I've been looking for a year now and finally decided that for the asking price and the build quality of Ascends speakers there is no comparison, then there is customer service that is second to known. It will be my pleasure to express my impressions, thanks my friend.
    Jeff

Is there a chamfer on the woofers? It doesn't look so in the pictures. That would be the only complaint if there isn't. It can really help a woofer breath and is almost a necessity when your baffle is 3/4 or greater in thickness.

The ultimate is a 1" baffle chamfered and also chamfered aroud the screw holes. Also the screwy don't tap into the wood as they can strip the wood right... You use these hurricane nuts. All this adds time to manufacture and increases cost.

Here is a picture with it done the way I would do it.

Basically if you have a one inch baffle you chamfer in at 45 degrees to the 1/2" mark. With 3/4" it's a little more difficult as you don't have as much "meat". In that cause I'd chamfer like the first picture leaving meat for the screws. Hurricane nuts are just that little added touch...

Here is a picture of it done 100% perfectly IMHO. (I'd also use wood filler to cover the holes/recess of the hurricane nuts then making a perfect 360 degrees chamfer.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a great forum thread on the subject.
    Hurricane T-nut Evaluation

Basically these ROCK
    [IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

And these SUCK

BTW obvious QUALITY construction on those cabs! You wouldn't see that from any other manufacturer at that price point. NO WAY
    Last edited by HiroPro; 11-29-2011 at 08:02 PM.