Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ascends HAVE ARRIVED!!

it has begun!

pretty busy lately, but i am thoroughly enjoying every moment i have with this setup. i'm watching some of my movies all over again. i'm being treated to a steak dinner tonight so maybe some pics/impressions on sunday.

Glad to hear it Aaron, let us know how things are. You have had setups from 3 of the internet directs, your opinions would be of great value. Have fun.

it's been a long and winding road, but you have to travel before you get to your destination. i would urge anyone with the ability to try/debut any of the three brands to do so. you simply won't know what YOU like until you try it.
    i relate it to my decision for a guitar. there are thousands of great guitars out there. the hardest part is finding one that suits you and your preference. if you can afford more, then go for it.

metalaaron,

I live on the central east coast, about 15 miles south of Kennedy Space Center. Are you set up for DVD-A or SACD? The sound quality is unbelievable for an analog signal. I have several DVD-A titles and love listening to this format.

Bill

Greetings from Central Florida!

i have not really gotten into the dvda or sacd formats. i don't find that there is much available. i'd need a new player and a lot of new media. i do enjoy listening to music, but my primary use is still HT.

Hey Craig...any initial thoughts on the CMT-340's?

-curtis

Initial thoughts... They are a very good speaker, much like the 170, with a bit higher dynamics. We have done some movies... for Instance, Pirates of the Caribbean. You watch and wonder how a roughly $2600 (including VTF-3 and H-K 630) can sound this good...

Curtis is well aware of this, we are getting closer to finalizing the players for a "system price" of $1400-$1900 speakers only home theater system... Part of the research is listening to some B&M brands... It is NO WONDER the B&M guys detest the companies like Ascend, Axiom, and Rocket...

Curtis, I do have an e-mail into David regarding costs of custom finishes.

Thanks Craig!

I saw Pirates in the theater, and I have the disc, I need to watch it.

Looking forward to your "system" comparison. That will be based at the HTS forum, correct?

-curtis

Curtis, I may actually post the review in the Axiom Forum, with the hopes that Links will be attached to here, HTS, AV123, and HTF... The Axiom guys are a pretty good bunch... and I have not really done anything there yet...

Wherever you post it, I will link it.

-curtis