Hello Ascend Forum Members,

I am a returning audio enthusiast. In my younger days, I bought what I thought was lower-end audiophile equipment. I realize now that wasn't the case, but it was better than some and satisfied me for years. In fact, I still have and use a pair of Boston Acoustics A-100's as my L/R for my main listening. They are nearly 30 years old and might belong in a museum. They are being powered by a Denon AVR-1700.

Now that I have some time (and funds) to appreciate a nicer setup and after much reading and research, I'm nearly 100% decided on Ascend speakers. When it's all said and done, I will have a 5.1 setup with 170 SE's in the rear, either 340 SE's or Sierra-1's for l/r/c and an undetermined subwoofer. I was trying to set the sub budget at $500, but the more I read, the more I'm leaning toward $800-900 which would put me in range for the Rhythmic 12" Servo sealed and many other fine subwoofers.

The receiver will have to wait a little while, but will be upgraded at some point, too.

So, long story short, I was hoping to hear a set of Ascends locally (Houston Area) and was wondering if anyone knew someone willing to audition. Any takers? I promise to shower first.

Also, feel free to comment on my planned setup. I'm always willing to learn from someone who's been there already.

Thanks and glad to be here.