Thread: Hello, All! Audition Requested!

Default Hello, All! Audition Requested!

Hello Ascend Forum Members,

I am a returning audio enthusiast. In my younger days, I bought what I thought was lower-end audiophile equipment. I realize now that wasn't the case, but it was better than some and satisfied me for years. In fact, I still have and use a pair of Boston Acoustics A-100's as my L/R for my main listening. They are nearly 30 years old and might belong in a museum. They are being powered by a Denon AVR-1700.

Now that I have some time (and funds) to appreciate a nicer setup and after much reading and research, I'm nearly 100% decided on Ascend speakers. When it's all said and done, I will have a 5.1 setup with 170 SE's in the rear, either 340 SE's or Sierra-1's for l/r/c and an undetermined subwoofer. I was trying to set the sub budget at $500, but the more I read, the more I'm leaning toward $800-900 which would put me in range for the Rhythmic 12" Servo sealed and many other fine subwoofers.

The receiver will have to wait a little while, but will be upgraded at some point, too.

So, long story short, I was hoping to hear a set of Ascends locally (Houston Area) and was wondering if anyone knew someone willing to audition. Any takers? I promise to shower first.

Also, feel free to comment on my planned setup. I'm always willing to learn from someone who's been there already.

Thanks and glad to be here.

Default Re: Hello, All! Audition Requested!

Sheep - Im in Houston and have 340se LCR and 200's for surrounds. Shoot me a private message and we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by jbistany View Post
    Sheep - Im in Houston and have 340se LCR and 200's for surrounds. Shoot me a private message and we can work something out.
    Hi Jbistany,

I sent an email with request for Demo of Ascend Speakers. Appreciate if you let me know yourconcurrence.

Regards,
    Vamshi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamshi View Post
    Hi Jbistany,

I sent an email with request for Demo of Ascend Speakers. Appreciate if you let me know yourconcurrence.

Regards,
    Vamshi
    Hello Vamshi - I'm out of town on business trip until the 20th, i can contact you then to see if your want to give it a listen? I live up by lake

I can also say with confidence that the 340 se's and the HTM smaller speakers are outstanding! Very neutral sounding and has great bass if you choose to run them fullrange in a 2 channel rig without a subwoofer. For home theater duty, I recommend a sub. Not going to win a beauty contest but the sound is what matters. Let me know?

Thanks