I wanted to let everyone know about my new fill material. I just finished a move from TX to VA, and before pack-up, I poured out the shot that I used to fill my stands. This was an uncomfortable nightmare. I thought filling them was lame... this was not fun at all. I also had to ditch the shot because I had to meet a weight limit and that stuff was too heavy to bother moving with.

Anyway, I'm moving again in a year and a half, so I didn't want to bother with shot or kitty litter or sand. Just too much hassle to move with. Sooooo, I had a box with a ton of packing peanuts. I figured, hey, why not? So my son and I spent 30 minutes or so stuffing as many of those little buggers into the stands as we could fit. And you know what? It actually worked. I have hardwood floors and the sound with the pedestals empty wasn't what I wanted. Packed with peanuts? Nearly perfect.

It was a pain to fill, but at least now I can leave the peanuts in place and move, as they add little to no weight. So, there you have it. A cost effective solution, that may just be in your garage already. No telling how I'll get them out of there in the future, but for now I'm satisfied.

Oh, and the double-boxes held up perfect for moving!