Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: They just arrived

Default Re: They just arrived

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    So do you feel the SVS lacks that punch and room shaking for movies? Thanks for the feed back, It's really helpful.
    The Svs...is only about a 17" cube the PSA is much larger and the cabinet volume alone will make all the difference. So, I wouldn't say it lacks any punch but rather its limited because of its size. One thing for sure, you'll likely not see or buy a better built sub in its price range... outside of maybe the Rythmik F15.

I have them stacked in the same location as my last sub....but lifting that sucker & trying to gently place it on top of my sub, was no easy feat...I'll tell ya! The ultra driver is massive and most of the weigh is centered there...much like the AE driver in my last sub. The PSA is bigger, heavier but the weight seems more balanced and easier to move imho....

added pic

IMG_0633 (480x640).jpg
    Last edited by billy p; 12-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

My new in-walls are MA CP WT260s... they've replaced my 200se( espresso for sale btw).
    The 260s have boundary adjustment, HPF options, pivoting tweeter and are sealed units.

Once our Reno is complete...I'll post some thoughts on switching to in-walls and how this change effected the overall perceived tonal balance or not. I know most of you will be skeptical....but in the end the switch gives me a path to future Atmos and the clean look I was trying to achieve.

IMG_20200816_115640_resize_53_compress91_resize_77_compress66_resize_14.jpg

IMG_20200816_115602_resize_60_compress78_resize_5.jpg

IMG_20200816_115534_resize_42_compress51_resize_47.jpg
    Last edited by billy p; 08-23-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    My new in-walls are MA CP WT260s... they've replaced my 200se( espresso for sale btw).
    The 260s have boundary adjustment, HPF options, pivoting tweeter and are sealed units.

Once our Reno is complete...I'll post some thoughts on switching to in-walls and how this change effected the overall perceived tonal balance or not. I know most of you will be skeptical....but in the end the switch gives me a path to future Atmos and the clean look I was trying to achieve.
    Looking forward to your impressions.
    -curtis

IMG_20200816_115640_resize_53_compress91_resize_77_compress66_resize_14.jpg

IMG_20200816_115602_resize_60_compress78_resize_5.jpg

IMG_20200816_115534_resize_42_compress51_resize_47.jpg
    No skepticism here, I have in-walls for my 5.2.2 Atmos HT and they sound great! I am,however, using dual Rythmik LV12F's and they sound great, especially for their price.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    No skepticism here, I have in-walls for my 5.2.2 Atmos HT and they sound great! I am,however, using dual Rythmik LV12F's and they sound great, especially for their price.

Thanks... I first did inwalls about 10yrs ago... eventually lead me switch completely to Ascend.

Today newer architectural designs...are much better thought out with directional baffles, pivoting tweets and phase compensation for wall placement so the sound radiates into the seating area vs. directly into a void in the room itself.

Reflecting back I was more about the overall sound hence my switch towards
    traditional designed speakers....as I've aged I am more about aesthetics within my home but won't go so far to switch out my mains....that's for certain.

Thanks... I first did inwalls about 10yrs ago... eventually lead me switch completely to Ascend.

Today newer architectural designs...are much better thought out with directional baffles, pivoting tweets and phase compensation for wall placement so the sound radiates into the seating area vs. directly into a void in the room itself.

Reflecting back I was more about the overall sound hence my switch towards
    traditional designed speakers....as I've aged I am more about aesthetics within my home but won't go so far to switch out my mains....that's for certain.
    Yes, aesthetics was a key consideration, especially with building a new house. That said, I do my serious music listening in my dedicated 2.1 channel room above the garage, where my Sierra-2EX's & sealed Rythmik sub are hooked up to a separates system. I have complete freedom to set things up how I want in there.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables