Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They just arrived

Default Re: They just arrived

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Btw what you guys think about my 200se in espresso.
    They look like they match very nicely!

Interested in your thoughts of the Horizon and how everything works together.
    -curtis

Wow, those HTM-200's look amazing in Espresso. How long did it take for them to arrive?
    Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by darkpoet25 View Post
    Wow, those HTM-200's look amazing in Espresso. How long did it take for them to arrive?
    I had to wait for the current run of Sierra cabinets to be stained at the vendors...all told... ~4 weeks...another week with UPS Canada...Now I have to figure out a method for mounting the 200's...my current brackets won't work and I must find some time to rerun ARC as we've also replaced some of our furniture.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Are you noticing a big difference with the raal from the NrT? I'm jelly of your 200s, they look great, your setup looks great! are you going to send your towers to cali for some upgrade surgery?

How you liking the 200s as rears?

Hi billy p,

Those Espresso 200s look fantastic! I know they appear much better in person. I've got four of those in my HT (regular finish) and they are quite remarkable. Enjoy them and the new RAAL Horizon. Curious what you think of the new tweeter.
    -Jacob

Thus far having listened to mostly music and a couple of movies...the RAAL is able to establish itself apart from the NrT dome…with the latter being a tad more aggressive and the RAAL sounding more composed. With music the transients seem to be more fluid or graceful giving the listener a more lifelike feel…I was using the STC in a vertical alignment along with my NrT Towers. When I switched it back to its side for movies the dialogue seems to pop and sounded very coherent please understand I am going by memory here and not able to compare directly. Fwiw…both movies viewed where non action or really dynamic in nature.
    So yeah…the difference between the RAAL and the NrT dome are subtle but present and really depends on what the listener wants…I think for now my current setup with the NrT Towers and RAAL centre will be a very good fit for a long time to come.

I still need to REQ my setup I'll see if anythings changes...my 200s are not even connected...I am still trying to figure out the best possible way to do so. Once I've completed ARC with everything running to its full potential and watch some real action flicks I'll post some thoughts...

Do you find arc makes a lot of a difference?

After doing some research on what sub I'll be moving to next & carefully taking into consideration other manufacturer like Rythmik, Funk, PSA & the SubM….I decided to go with a dual opposed desgin. The simple fact in coming to this decision was Dual opposed technology are often more efficient, conform to smaller enclosures designs (which was 1 of 2 determining factor in my case) because they only need to be as larger as single driver unit. Having the added driver helps to absorbs any vibration with any residual air build up found inside the box allowing it to escape via their respective cones. These sound wave cancellations help smooth out the in-room response giving the sub a overall tighter and cleaner sound.

I know, I wanted to go this route from a prior GTG having heard another members duals x2. Another reason for changing my sub was I wanted something that would closely match my Ascend LRC. Both…Seaton & Funk have these options but would stretch my budget to its upper limits. And, Rythmik…well they don’t have the finish options I wanted….I know Salk builds custom subs using the Rythmik drivers but going with Salk would be sacrilegious…being an Ascend owner…IMO….So….I decided on the PSA XS30. When I order it (months end) and all goes well…I could add a second unit down the road with 2 xs30s likely rivaling a single SubM for about the same cost.

Anyhow....here is a pic of the samples PSA sent me the Cordovan Cherry is the left sample, middle is the PSA espresso and American cherry is to the right. The cordovan cherry was the 2nd determining factor!

Last edited by billy p; 11-05-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add pic

Very interesting choice...and I look forward to your impressions.
    -curtis

Same here, let us know what you think! I've read good things about PSA subwoofers, so I don't think you'll be too disappointed from a performance standpoint. The matching finish is definitely an incentive.
    -Jacob