Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: They just arrived

Default They just arrived

here are some pic's of my New Sierra's...haven't hooked em up yet...as I'm still admiring them...my only complaint so far pertains to the white gloves being a little tight...

I'll be hooking them up shortly.. I have to calm down a bit before I do...

PS: I've ordered some stands so this will be their temporary home until they arrive.

Regards, Bill....

Okay...just a bump here... I've hooked them up and listening to some of my favorite tunes...I'm sold...
    Last edited by billy p; 06-17-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Default Re: They just arrived

Oooh, very nice! Thanks for the pics. What receiver is that you are using?

Look forward to your review!

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Oooh, very nice! Thanks for the pics. What receiver is that you are using?

Look forward to your review!
    It's a Yamaha htr 6190. There is not much more I can say that hasn't already been said! Last night, I listened to some Eagles music from their (Farewell tour 1 dvd) via Pcm with only the Sierra's. One song in particular really caught my attention (One of these nights) I was able to hear all the detail and separation to the extent that it sounded surreal. Having recently seen them live (last summer) it felt that way again last night.
    Last edited by billy p; 06-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    here are some pic's of my New Sierra's...haven't hooked em up yet...as I'm still admiring them...my only complaint so far pertains to the white gloves being a little tight...

I'll be hooking them up shortly.. I have to calm down a bit before I do...

PS: I've ordered some stands so this will be their temporary home until they arrive.

Regards, Bill....

Okay...just a bump here... I've hooked them up and listening to some of my favorite tunes...I'm sold...
    Looks great so far and welcome to the forum!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Received an unexpected surpise today...I wasn't expecting them until Monday.... I've set them up in a zone 2 configuration for music...at some point I'll replace my inwalls with the Sierras across the front but for now this will have to do. Although not an exact match ...they closely match my funkywaves(also stained in espresso) acoustic elegance av12x custom sub.

098.JPG 099.JPG

100.JPG 101.JPG

102.JPG

Just wanna say thanks again to Dave and Dina for putting up with me over the past few weeks...looks like Ascend has gained another loyal and happy returning customer.

Regards, Bill...
    Last edited by billy p; 02-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Now that is some quality packing material! You could ship those puppies to Cape Town and back without sustaining damage. Yet another statement of Ascend's commitment to quality.

However, it is of great disappointment to me that Sir Bill posted without mentioning anything about how they sound!

You are going to have an awesome weekend. Thanks for sharing!
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Now that is some quality packing material! You could ship those puppies to Cape Town and back without sustaining damage. Yet another statement of Ascend's commitment to quality.

However, it is of great disappointment to me that Sir Bill posted without mentioning anything about how they sound!

You are going to have an awesome weekend. Thanks for sharing!
    Sorry about that...I posted some my thoughts at Audioholics moments ago...

I'd like share them here too...

This weekend has been kind of whacky…with a lot of things going on which don’t even include our Super Bowl party preparations. I’ve only resided to low volume background music sessions so far and I hope to spend some more time at some point in the upcoming weeks. I've being tinkering with placement as I am currently limited but the obvious strength of the Towers vs. the Sierra 1 is the dedicated mid range even at lower volumes…to me… the vocals sound more defined or lifelike with the Towers seemingly blending perfectly with the rest of the speaker (this is not a knock against the Sierra 1’s) they just lacked that resolution or detail in that one area…IMO. Another thing I quickly noticed was how much more dynamic and with less effort the Towers fill my living room ~2700 cu/ft vs. the smaller speaker. Maybe the position of having the tweeter placement ~2” higher on the Tower vs. using the 1’s on stands had a better feel or presence/airyness about them…likely placebo…but not IMO. Lastly...the Sierra 1's had pretty well controlled & accurate bass and the Towers have the advantage there...not much left to say

I know these speaker will do me for a long time to come...I just can't image how much better the RAAL is.....

No, regrets though...Regards, Bill

BTW...Go Giants....

Woohoo Giants 21-17...
    Last edited by billy p; 02-05-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added the go Giants & later added score

Hi Bill,

I couldn't resist teasing you a bit. I've enjoyed reading all the feedback on the towers from Ascend customers. I cannot fit the towers in my room, so I'm out of luck for now. Good thing I have a Sierra-1 pair to keep me satisfied.

The specs indicate the towers are more sensitive than the bookshelf version, so it's not too surprising to hear they fill the room well. Positioning also strongly influences overall presentation. I'll bet that dedicated midrange really helps flesh out the details. Throw in two "miracle woofers," a NrT, and a drool-inducing array of finish options, and you've got perfection.

Again, thanks for sharing. I know you'll get many years of enjoyment from those amazing towers.
    -Jacob

Here is my final chapter with respect to my Ascend purchases...that is until Dave decides on designing something even bigger or better.....

Being listening to some various music using surround formats and all I can say is the STC is like advertised...Wow....

As you can see in my pics...I'll need to move my display up a few inches but for now it's gonna have to do until I order a new credenza and repair the soon to be holes in my walls from my other speakers...

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG
    Last edited by billy p; 04-16-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added pics

Nice!!
    -curtis