Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my take

absolutely. in the long run you should still pickup a sub.

cbm-170s

I agree with getting a good sub but I'll take a pair of 170s over blose any and everyday.

I'll keep my distance from companies that "Hard-sell" there products through numerous magazine and TV campaigning. Somebody has to pick up the advertising costs, and it is usually the consumer. **** has a great marketing dept. and knows how to make a HUGE profit on cheap products. Oh, and I forgot about their **** stores where you cannot compare their products directly to other, less expensive brands. Also more overhead.

Ed

Azanon....are you sure about those frequencies? I think you are talking above 100hz.

You should compare voices/midrange on the Ascends vs ****.

-curtis

Sorry guys. This was an accident, i meant to respond to that other thread. whoops.

"Azanon....are you sure about those frequencies? I think you are talking above 100hz."

Yes, i've heard the test disk that Dr. Hsu sent me that identifies the frequency with a respective test tone. Remember, its the 20-70hz range that people pay hundreds, if not thousands for, to have produced by their main speakers as opposed to a sub. Clearly, given that, i'm not the only one that recognizes the importance of this frequency range.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I agree with getting a good sub but I'll take a pair of 170s over blose any and everyday.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Just emphasizing a point as to show my conviction; a home theatre with no real bass is not a home theatre. Boss may leave a hole in the midrange, but i promise you, you'd miss the bass more. I like action movies, explosions, etc. Boom!

People joke that speakers that have no highs or lows are ****. Remember, **** bass modules go lower than ascends, so..... where does that say about Ascends? I think its obvious; they need a sub.

If you really want to feel the impact a lot of action movies have today, you are still going to need a sub with any system **** makes.

Derek

Umm, they dont make a system without one. Granted, they call it a bass module. Still, as ive implied once, reduced bass ability (46hz), less power than a real sub, still beats no sub.... naturally.

I'm not avocating buying **** here, lol. I'd no more have a **** system than i would a set of mains that cant do below 69hz without a sub. Both are unacceptable.

heck, im speaking to the crowd here right? Who's running ascends with no sub in this discussion? That's what i thought []