Hi, first post from a long-time reader of the board. I've always toyed with the idea of going with a nice set of bookshelf monitors up front in my home theater set-up for aesthetic purposes as well as the monitors would probably be of better quality than towers in the same price range. Of all the bookshelf speakers I've looked into, the Sierra-1 is the most intriguing. I'm looking for a more detailed sound than what I'm getting from what I currently have. Also, I hardly ever get close to reference level, but I do like listen to a loud action movie now and again, so I'd like to ensure I'm not missing out on the dynamics of such a soundtrack.

I currently have an all DefTech set-up(BP2004TL supertowers, CLR2002, and BP2x surrounds with an eD a2-300 subwoofer) powered by an Onkyo TX NR-808 in my living room. I don't have the exact dimensions of my room, but it's an open floor plan. My listening area is actually pretty small, so i'm only 9-10 ft away from the screen. My current DefTech towers are about 10ft apart as well and approx 10 ft away from the seating area. My system is calibrated to 75db ref level, and I rarely go over -22db or so on all material now, as that's pretty freaking loud.

From what I've gathered, I know a pair of Sierras and Sierra center would give me a more detailed sound, but I would be losing some ouput and the spaciousness of the bi-polar DefTechs as well as the low end their 10" built-in subs provide. So to me, my main sacrifice if I switch to Sierras will be ouput.

Could anyone provide some feedback as to how the Sierras do perform in an Ht setting? Another one of my reasons to possibly make the switch would be for music, which from all accounts the Sierras shine at reproducing, so I'm not just looking for an HT only speaker...