Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new guy has something to say!

Default Re: The new guy has something to say!

Quote Originally Posted by lad578 View Post
    My real desire is to go all the way to a Sierra-Nrt, but will kick myself if I come home to a ripped/broken driver.

Wonder how one would child-proof these gems
    The grills on the CBM-170s/HTM-200s (with which I am familiar) take a really determined effort to remove. The Sierras look to use a similar, if not identical type of mounting system for their grills, although someone with first hand experience is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you'd have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jbistany View Post
    Lad - I'm thinking with the great pioneer unit you have that the infinity's aren't doing the unit justice. At least it was in my case, having a much nicer unit with inferior speakers. I'm not knocking Infinity's Betas or the Primus series, just think you'll see a big improvement. Try before you buy as Curtis points out.... No clue on child proofing chief, got luck with that! Let us know what you decide, would love to hear your feedback on the Sierra or 340's! Also, your more than welcome if in Houston to stop by and hear the 340's.
    Thank you for your kind invitation, too bad I live so far from you (Seattle area); would have taken you on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bilesteve View Post
    I am a Houston area resident and might want to take up your offer for a chance at listening to Ascends sometime.
    hi steve, i live in houston and own sierra-1's (albeit not nrt's). would be happy to let you listen to them.

Reach out to me when your ready and we'll work on setting it up. I'm in Humble by lake Houston.

Jeff

I am in Lake Jackson, so I will try to co-ordinate with you in the future.