Thread: Need a new cd player!!

Default Need a new cd player!!

Got Siarra-1 nrts'. Made it painfully obvious My 1991 vintage Technics changer is grey in the whiskers, as am I!.

Dave recommended Marantz, which I am looking at, i'm also looking at Oppo. Will probably go with one or the other unless my arm is twisted another way!

Please help!?
    Thanks,
    Louie

Default Re: Need a new cd player!!

what are you feeding the CD player into?
    -curtis

Hey Curtis! Audio by Van Alstine amp and preamp.

OK...then another option (if the old CD player has digital output) is a DAC.
    -curtis

I've been using an Oppo for year's.
    DV-971HD first, now an BDP-83 (early purchase or I would have got the 95, sigh....). Any loose CD's are played on the Oppo before being recorded onto my 3tb server as FLAC files, and played through my notebook (using MediaMonkey) via HDMI into my Denon 3808ci and onto the Sierra-1 L/C/Rs.

L8er
    Ecks

Thanks all. I have a Macbook that I use in the other room with a dac feeding an old Pioneer sx-1050 receiver. Much better sound than my technics cd player. It's just a pain in the butt to transfer everything when I want to listen in the living room. Thought about the Oppo because then I would have Bluray to feed the widescreen plus the benefit of good audio.
    I don't have surround. Just the Sierra's. I also thought about Airport express. Anyone have any experience with that? These Sierra's are so resolving I think they will show up any wink links quickly, which they did with the technics.
    Also no digital out on the technics or I would have a DAC already. Any suggestions and other comments welcome. thanks guys.
    Louie

I recently purchased a Yamaha CD-C600 5 disc player that exceeded my expectations for sound. CD's sound fine but the real surpise for me was the Ipod sound through the front USB connection. The signal is passed through the Yamaha's DAC rather than the IPOD and I found it to be a significant upgrade compared to running it through the headphone jack into the reciever. Here is the link through Amazon, but it's also available though other outlets - I think Vans, One Call, and others. If you want multidisc, I think this is a good value.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-CD-C600...1057243&sr=1-1

Guys for an update see the above thread! Thanks for all replys and suggestions.
    much appreciated.
    Louie

Sorry, didn't notice threads moved. see the Got Sierra nrts thread.