Thread: NAD and Ascend ???

Default NAD and Ascend ???

Is there anyone here who has heard or used NAD with ascend speakers?

Looking at the following:

NAD T747
    NAD T775HD
    NAD T-175 pre amp processor + NAD T955

Thoughts and feed back would be appreciated.

Default Re: NAD and Ascend ???

Quote Originally Posted by surfcane View Post
    Is there anyone here who has heard or used NAD with ascend speakers?

Looking at the following:

NAD T747
    NAD T775HD
    NAD T-175 pre amp processor + NAD T955
    I have. I used a T-762 and 340's and 170's with it. They are a good match, I was really pleased.

I upgraded to an Onkyo TX-NR808 because I wanted HDMI, 7.1 and Audyssey Multi-EQ. I looked at the NAD, but they were out of my price range. I still use NAD in other areas, I've had NAD since the early '80's.

As far as sound quality only how does your NAD compare to your onkyo ? What differences do you notice when it comes to sound?
    Thanks

I'll be using my Yammy rxv1800 to drive my new Sierra's in a zone2 music only setup when they arrive this Friday. I'm currently looking into NAD electronics likely integrated amps for me (c356or -375BEE) because they'll offer me better flexibilty...other integrates I'm leaning towards are the Anthem 225, Cambridge Audio. I'll likely have to make the call at some point because I doubt my local dealers( retailers of Paradigm & Psb) will allow me a test run in store. It would be nice to hear from other members who are currently using or have used these products in the past to chime in.

Ps: I apologize to the OP...for using this thread but I didn't want to start another thread asking a similar topic on the same day no less....

Regards, Bill...

What are the advantages of an intergrated amp over a basic multi-channel amp like NAD 955 (5x 100W) vs their other amps

Quote Originally Posted by surfcane View Post
    What are the advantages of an intergrated amp over a basic multi-channel amp like NAD 955 (5x 100W) vs their other amps
    None really...the only advantage I reckon would be conectivity of analog sources. In my sitution the AVR is already handling home theather duties so I was limited in that capacity and for that resaon I'm considering integrates....

I decided on the NAD T775HD - I am extremely happy with this choice and the improvement in sound quality with the sierras are incredible - and I have not done any calibration etc yet.

Good choice...I keep waviering on either the NAD c275 amp or the c375 integrated or somehting comparable from Anthem like the mca20 or 225 . My Yammy has sufficent power supplies rated @ 130 w per but I'm somewhat skeptical because the Sierra's aren't the most efficient speakers I've owned and I've really needed to turn things up...when compared to my prior listening levels....