Page 90 of 271 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Dave addressed this over at AVS Forum in this post:

He said:

The voicing between the NrT and Ribbon version is nearly identical. This was actually a very high priority for us. What I had originally recommended was to try and avoid going with the standard NrT version of the tower center and ribbon left/right. This is not due to a timbre mismatch. It is more so that the ribbons are able to reproduce vocals with a smoother presentation than the dome version and vocal reproduction is critical to the center. I would not want the ribbon mains to outshine the center when it comes to vocals.

Of course, it all depends on priorities. If music is higher priority than home theater, it is absolutely OK to mix and match

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    My favorite part:

"Mladen must counter the powerful attraction of the magnets to assemble the actual enclosure without squashing his fingers. I watched him do it. It takes very strong hands"

Yeah...I liked that quote too.

The article references the 2008 RMAF as being a future event, so the article is at least 3 years old. I wonder if an manufacturing techniques have been changed, streamlined, or even automated since then.
    -curtis

So would you not recommend RAAL Tower for L+R and Sierra-1 NrT center? I can not fit the STC for my center speaker.
    I currently have the RAAL L+R and the older Sierra-1 center - it sounds great for movies and surround music (SACD, DVD-a, Bluray that I have).

I have the older Sierra-1 for wide front surround (5.1) and they sound great with the RAAL towers. I am sending back Sierra-1s for upgrade and put in place the 170s (which I still love) - however there is a very noticeable difference in the sound quality for 5.1 music.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hmmm... I swear I remember answering this already... Weird...

Anyway, no -- we really haven't considered any other methods of stabilizing the towers. However, since we are building the cabinets locally, there are many customization possibilities. If you have a specific request, we would be happy to try and accommodate you.

Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks!
    hi Dave, thanks for your encouraging response.

judging by the quality of the sierra 1 bookshelves which my former neighbour owned, i intend getting a pair of towers with RAAL tweets in the neutral bamboo finish by the end of this year when i would have relocated to the US for a tour of duty. i'm looking forward to discuss the customization possibilities with you. whats your e-mail address?

Dave,

Any idea when the new shipment of ribbons will be in? I ordered Towers with the RALL upgrade and I understand they are backordered at the moment. I was hoping to have them by March 16th for a party

Dave,

Any idea when the new shipment of ribbons will be in? I ordered Towers with the RALL upgrade and I understand they are backordered at the moment. I was hoping to have them by March 16th for a party
    My party will be whenever my towers arrive.

Yeah, I'll be having an additional party when they arrive. A party of one! Even if that means sending my wife and daughters to the mall for the day!

Yeah, I'll be having an additional party when they arrive. A party of one! Even if that means sending my wife and daughters to the mall for the day!
    Holy cow, that sounds expensive! They'll be spending your money faster than you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorthocar View Post
    Holy cow, that sounds expensive! They'll be spending your money faster than you make it.
    Cheaper alternative:
    Have them all take melatonin, and you lots of coffee.
    Buy them some ear plugs and you will be all set for the night!

Quote Originally Posted by gorthocar View Post
    Yikes! Good thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by makutaku
    Cheaper alternative:
    Have them all take melatonin, and you lots of coffee.
    Buy them some ear plugs and you will be all set for the night!
    I like that idea!