Page 85 of 271 FirstFirst ... 8081828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

man oh man, after all the waiting, the towers finally got shipped out and is now stuck in some freezing warehouse due to the Seattle snow storm...what perfect timing Freezing temp won't have a long-term negative effect on the internal components would it?

when can we expect for the professional reviews to come out? i'm an original cmb-170 owner hand have been following ascend since i bought my speakers back in 2002. after almost a decade, i think it's time for an upgrade. although i still like my old speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by godzen View Post
    man oh man, after all the waiting, the towers finally got shipped out and is now stuck in some freezing warehouse due to the Seattle snow storm...what perfect timing Freezing temp won't have a long-term negative effect on the internal components would it?
    I am so sorry to hear this, seriously bad timing I don't expect the freezing temperatures to have any ill effects on the speakers, however -- should something not seem right, please call as ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by tungaw View Post
    when can we expect for the professional reviews to come out? i'm an original cmb-170 owner hand have been following ascend since i bought my speakers back in 2002. after almost a decade, i think it's time for an upgrade. although i still like my old speakers.
    We have had a pair of Sierra Towers at a reviewer's home for a while now. As to when that review will be published, I honestly do not know. Our priority is and always has been to fulfill customer orders first and right now, while we are making headway, we are still weeks away from being fully caught up
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post

We have had a pair of Sierra Towers at a reviewer's home for a while now. As to when that review will be published, I honestly do not know. Our priority is and always has been to fulfill customer orders first and right now, while we are making headway, we are still weeks away from being fully caught up
    Thanks for the update Dave.

Dave, you posted that the center channel speakers should start to ship out Jan.30 or so...would that also be the timeline for the center with the ribbon? Hope, hope

Dave,

So the center will ship soon - have all of the first run allocations been filled already? Assuming if one didn't get a call for preorder, one didn't make the initial list.

Yep -- we are finally there
    "Hi Jay,

Your Sierra Tower satin espresso with the ribbon tweeters just shipped
    out today via UPS ground."
    E-mail I just received, I'm SOOOOOOO excited!!!

Now we are "there"! In the interim, I bought a set of used Sierra NrTs as surrounds, which I've currently been using as mains. I must say I've never heard such awesome dynamics, and detail!!! That the Towers are able to surpass the Sierras will be an experience to behold. THANK YOU Dave!!!

Sincerely,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Cane1992 View Post
    Dave, you posted that the center channel speakers should start to ship out Jan.30 or so...would that also be the timeline for the center with the ribbon? Hope, hope
    Centers will start shipping later next week. Centers with ribbons will also start shipping but are in limited quantity as we simply do not have enough ribbons in stock to fulfill all of the orders right now.

We are hoping to receive our next shipment of ribbons quickly though and I will post a time frame once I have a firm date from RAAL. I don't expect this to be a long wait as Aleksandar told me the shipment would be ready in February and these are air-shipped to us.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Our priority is and always has been to fulfill customer orders first and right now, while we are making headway, we are still weeks away from being fully caught up
    What a position to be in! I think this is a good indication of how well a HIGH VALUE product can do even in a sluggish economic environment!

Next, I'd like to see a barrel shaped, bamboo, downfiring, servo sub that looks like a drum (won't hold my breath on this one)!

Jay

Hi Dave, would it possible to have a Sierra-1 bookshelf with a RAAL tweeter? Could that work?