Page 84 of 271 FirstFirst ... 7980818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    What a perfect way to start the week! Now where did I put the drool bib?

Dave manages to outdo himself yet again. It must be an incredible feeling to be at this stage, to see one's "labor of love" come to fruition. I have no doubt that those on the waiting list will be greatly rewarded for their patience. I really wish I had the space for these amazing towers. Perhaps one day.
    Thank YOU!!! It is both a thrill and quite nerve racking at the same time. So much to do, so little time in the day Like the Sierra Towers, putting all the pieces in place with the centers has been a challenge. From crossovers to designing the packaging, so many little details.

For example, I thought we were all set with regard to the centers last Friday and then Dina asked me if I had ordered the labels... Ooops, not only had I forgotten to order product and serial number labels, we did not even design the artwork yet. Luckily, we get all of our printing from a dear friend of mine so we were able to get things moving quickly So many little details

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    By the way, only 1.5 - 2 weeks estimated to fulfill back orders? Either Dave isn't planning to sleep or Ascend is hiring a crack team of ninja monkeys to help with the assembly.
    We handled things a bit differently this time. We spent a lot of time in the previous production run inspecting and pairing up the cabinets. Since this is real wood, every cabinet is somewhat unique so we pair them up so that they are cosmetically matched. This time, we took care of all of this at the cabinet builder's facility, in addition to finding any flaws that needed touching up etc. This will be a huge time saver for us

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    that sierra tower center looks beautiful in its bare unfinished wood. why is the 'unfinished' bamboo look so much brighter than this pictured here? I really like this subdued wood look.
    Our natural finish is not really "unfinished". The natural bamboo finish has many layers of sealer that must be applied to the raw wood. The sealer, besides protecting the wood, brightens up the finish and draws out the grain. Trust me on this, the completely unfinished cabinet really does not look too good by itself -- very washed out and inconsistent with regard to hue.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Shot you guys an email regarding recommendations and an order. Looking forward to hearing from you!

hi Dave, have you considered using claws or any other method of stabilizing the towers other than plinths?

Smile Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    In that regard, I would bet that the two are psimilar.
    Happy New Year to all! !! I would just like to say amidst all of this tower talk Dave was emailing me back and forth on questions I had on the 200's...Truly a class act!!! thanks Dave!! Ascend is awesome!! Now I got go drop this twenty in my towers piggy bank!!!

"What can Brown do for you???????"

I bet no one can guess where I'm headed with this .

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Dave, thank you for clarifying. I know we had that conversation and I appreciate the reminder. They do sound fantastic together. I don't have anything to compare them to, but it's hard to imagine a more unified and consistent sound. I had given up years ago on home surround setups because I was always disappointed in what I heard in other peoples houses. No longer. What I have here is just fantastic.

BTW, I'm probably 50/50 on HT and 2.1 music listening. I've listened to more music in the past 4-5 months than I have in the previous 5 years thanks to the towers.
    I love hearing that!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    "What can Brown do for you???????"

I bet no one can guess where I'm headed with this .

Jay
    My pair of towers shipped on Monday the 16th, so the pre-orders are being filled now.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEntropy View Post
    My pair of towers shipped on Monday the 16th, so the pre-orders are being filled now.
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. I look in my inbox about a dozen times a day looking for that tracking number notice!

Jay

Hi Guys,

Just another update...

Aside from a few last minute custom finish requests, ALL Sierra NrT Towers will be shipped out by the end of this week. Most have already been shipped.

We will start shipping Sierra Ribbon Towers either this Friday or on the following Monday and all backorders should be fulfilled that week.

Sierra Tower Centers should start shipping on Monday Jan 30th

Thanks again for your patience!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by steelbolz View Post
    hi Dave, have you considered using claws or any other method of stabilizing the towers other than plinths?
    Hmmm... I swear I remember answering this already... Weird...

Anyway, no -- we really haven't considered any other methods of stabilizing the towers. However, since we are building the cabinets locally, there are many customization possibilities. If you have a specific request, we would be happy to try and accommodate you.

Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com