Page 83 of 271 FirstFirst ... 7879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    ...provided they can be positioned properly.
    Dave, thank you for clarifying. I know we had that conversation and I appreciate the reminder. They do sound fantastic together. I don't have anything to compare them to, but it's hard to imagine a more unified and consistent sound. I had given up years ago on home surround setups because I was always disappointed in what I heard in other peoples houses. No longer. What I have here is just fantastic.

BTW, I'm probably 50/50 on HT and 2.1 music listening. I've listened to more music in the past 4-5 months than I have in the previous 5 years thanks to the towers.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was at the cabinet builder's facility about ten days to check on how things were moving along. Everything looked great and they were prepping the cabinets for final finishing.

I snapped some iPhone pics... enjoy!
    Hey Dave are we there yet, are we there yet, are we getting close, huh huh daddy are we there yet?

No, no I'm not impatient, just excited !

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Hey Dave are we there yet, are we there yet, are we getting close, huh huh daddy are we there yet?

No, no I'm not impatient, just excited !

Jay
    Yep -- we are finally there

We were at our cabinet builder on Friday for the final inspection of the tower cabinets. The towers looked great and now it is just a matter of getting our freight company to pick up the shipment and deliver to our facility. We expect to receive the tower cabinets this Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest. Assembly and shipping will then resume immediately and I estimate it will take us about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to fulfill all of the backorders.

The tower center cabinets are completed but not yet finished. Painting / staining on these will start this Monday and we expect to receive the batch at our facility within 2 weeks.

Below are some pictures I took on Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, all I'll say is:

DROOL
    Jon O.

What a perfect way to start the week! Now where did I put the drool bib?

Dave manages to outdo himself yet again. It must be an incredible feeling to be at this stage, to see one's "labor of love" come to fruition. I have no doubt that those on the waiting list will be greatly rewarded for their patience. I really wish I had the space for these amazing towers. Perhaps one day.

By the way, only 1.5 - 2 weeks estimated to fulfill back orders? Either Dave isn't planning to sleep or Ascend is hiring a crack team of ninja monkeys to help with the assembly.
    -Jacob

I bought some used Sierra NrTs as surrounds for my set of towers up front. After seeing all of those Tower Center cabinets, I just had a sudden revelation of a different route (if not extreme overkill) to go!

Those bamboo cabinets really are VERY nice!!!!

Jay

Wow....Sierra Tower heaven!
    -curtis

that sierra tower center looks beautiful in its bare unfinished wood. why is the 'unfinished' bamboo look so much brighter than this pictured here? I really like this subdued wood look.

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    that sierra tower center looks beautiful in its bare unfinished wood. why is the 'unfinished' bamboo look so much brighter than this pictured here? I really like this subdued wood look.
    Gorgeous, isn't it? I wish my house decor was suited for the natural finish.

I love the espressos, but the natural contrast in the bamboo is so pretty.

Woo hooo...I just got off the phone with Ascend and I should be receiving my return shipping labels shortly...and by next week I'll be ordering my Espresso Satin Sierra Tower.....

BTW...I didn't catch her name but if that was Dina...what a pleasure to talk with...just wanna give her a shout!