Page 82 of 271 FirstFirst ... 7778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hey all! I'm new to this forum and love reading all the greatness Ascend has to offer
    I am looking to buy a home theater setup. Is this possible with the towers? It looks like there is a center channel planned to be released. Are the surrounds and any sub appropriate to use with the towers?
    Can't sit to try out a setup
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I waited ten years to finally buy the setup I wanted. I wired one house for surround, sold that one, moved again, and finally started the serious research needed for a serious system about 5 months ago.

The first ten years was easy (didn't know what I was missing), the research was fun, but the time between placing the order and actually receiving the speakers was exhausting!

I am here to tell you, though, it was worth every minute and every penny! No doubt about it.
    The upside to the wait is that I've had some time to peruse the recommended music section here, and ordered some new music based on some of the suggestions. There will be a decent amount of new material available by the time the new speakers arrive. I have little doubt the Towers will be amazing.

Jay

Hi Guys,

I was at the cabinet builder's facility about ten days to check on how things were moving along. Everything looked great and they were prepping the cabinets for final finishing.

I snapped some iPhone pics... enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey all! noob here and I am looking to buy a 5.1 home theater setup, with two Towers Sierras (with Ribbons) as main R/L!.

Foremost I need your sage advise, I've read lots of info regarding speakers, home audio, AVR's, music, etc.

But is like a never ending feeding world, at a times I feel like I'm about to grasp a concept, but then new things pop up (ohms, db, sensitivy, amplifliers, watts, off axis spread audio wave...).

So here is my mess, I already own:

2 Boston Acoustics VR1 Floorstanding Speakers (as rears R/L) brand new!
    1 B&W HTM61 (as center; still in box)
    1 Pinnacle Subsonix 10"-200W Subwoofer (still in box)
    1 old Denon AVR 70watts

I know I must buy a new AVR, and I'll get it in due time; but now I dunno if I also need an amp... I don't even know why, but it seems so, everyone here rave & talk only of amps!.

So any toughs, this setting will blend well together, feelings, advise, demistify, mythbusters, anything at all?.

I really do know nothing!. (as you may tell by my frankestain set up)

Thanks and merry xmas.

Edit Note:
    If I add to this setup:
    - OPPO BDP-93
    - DARED DV-6C
    May I call it a day and round up... or I'm totally lost here? =S
    Last edited by balhazer; 12-28-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo95se View Post
    Hey all! I'm new to this forum and love reading all the greatness Ascend has to offer
    I am looking to buy a home theater setup. Is this possible with the towers? It looks like there is a center channel planned to be released. Are the surrounds and any sub appropriate to use with the towers?
    Can't sit to try out a setup
    Thanks!
    Hi Leo95SE and welcome to our forum!

I am looking to buy a home theater setup. Is this possible with the towers? It looks like there is a center channel planned to be released.
    Yes -- absolutely. Our towers were designed with both music and home theater in mind. The matching center, which we call the STC is due to be released in about 3 weeks.

Are the surrounds and any sub appropriate to use with the towers?
    For surrounds, please consider our CBM-170SE or HTM-200SE as these are ideal for use with tower fronts (or you could go with a set of Sierra-1). For a subwoofer, look no farther than the Rythmik units we offer as we consider these to be the best sounding / most accurate subwoofers on the market today at anywhere near their price points.

Please feel free to contact us directly.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    For surrounds, please consider our CBM-170SE or HTM-200SE as these are ideal for use with tower fronts (or you could go with a set of Sierra-1).
    Dave, can you clarify this point? I believe you recommended the 340SE's to me for surrounds. Is that based on SAF, sound quality, integration?

BTW, I'm just trying to understand the differences, not questioning your advice/reasoning.

Another BTW, I've plugged them in and the 340SEs sound great! I would still like to understand the differences per recommendations. I assume the 340's produce a little more in the low end, but would also assume the concern is more about matching tonal qualities.
    Last edited by JustaSheep; 01-02-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: clarify

wow - great pics, i only wish i had a need to buy more speakers, these appear to be a great value,

don
    mass

Just packed up my Sierras() and notified Ascend that I'll need some return shipping lables....once they safely arrive(fingers crossed) back to Ascend...I'll proceed with ordering the Towers. For some reason, I am resisting the urge to go with the RAAL upgrade. I've read members comments reagrding their sonic differences but I am not sure if they'll be exactly what I am looking for...I know I really like the NrT and I know I'm looking forward to owning the new towers just not sure which ones they'll be...

Regards, & happy year gents...
    Bill....

Quote Originally Posted by balhazer View Post
    Hey all! noob here and I am looking to buy a 5.1 home theater setup, with two Towers Sierras (with Ribbons) as main R/L!.

Foremost I need your sage advise, I've read lots of info regarding speakers, home audio, AVR's, music, etc.

But is like a never ending feeding world, at a times I feel like I'm about to grasp a concept, but then new things pop up (ohms, db, sensitivy, amplifliers, watts, off axis spread audio wave...).

So here is my mess, I already own:

2 Boston Acoustics VR1 Floorstanding Speakers (as rears R/L) brand new!
    1 B&W HTM61 (as center; still in box)
    1 Pinnacle Subsonix 10"-200W Subwoofer (still in box)
    1 old Denon AVR 70watts

I know I must buy a new AVR, and I'll get it in due time; but now I dunno if I also need an amp... I don't even know why, but it seems so, everyone here rave & talk only of amps!.

So any toughs, this setting will blend well together, feelings, advise, demistify, mythbusters, anything at all?.

I really do know nothing!. (as you may tell by my frankestain set up)

Thanks and merry xmas.

Edit Note:
    If I add to this setup:
    - OPPO BDP-93
    - DARED DV-6C
    May I call it a day and round up... or I'm totally lost here? =S
    it would be best to start a new thread for these other questions, since you have already decided on the towers

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Dave, can you clarify this point? I believe you recommended the 340SE's to me for surrounds. Is that based on SAF, sound quality, integration?
    This is just based on SAF and placement options. Most of our customers do not have the space requirements for 340SE's as rears (most plan to wall mount etc.) and for mostly 2-channel music listeners, 340's as rears is overkill. That said, 340's would be our closest match to the Sierra Towers with regard to dynamics and efficiency. If the Sierra Towers are going to be used in a mostly home theater system where loud volumes and extreme dynamic capabilities are important -- these are absolutely the best choice as rears, provided they can be positioned properly.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com