Page 5 of 271 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Very nice! So they are all 5.25" Speakers? If anyone compares these to Energy RC towers let me know how they do

Hello everyone! I'm the new guy lol.I must say those speakers are very nice.I was wondering is their a ETA on these Badboys our pre-order? Thanks for your time.

I say run them full range with the sub filling in the bottom, especially if 80hz is the lowest crossover you can go. My receiver, with Audyssey MultEQ set my Sierra's up as large with the sub running at the same time. I naturally changed it to small, but I use 60Hz crossover which is the lowest I can go.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I say run them full range with the sub filling in the bottom, especially if 80hz is the lowest crossover you can go. My receiver, with Audyssey MultEQ set my Sierra's up as large with the sub running at the same time. I naturally changed it to small, but I use 60Hz crossover which is the lowest I can go.
    Sounds like the way to go! I will change the Parasound 2100 preamp to run them full range and for movies through the yamaha receiver, I already lowered the crossover to 60Hz and kept them set at small. I plan to take some in room measurements with REW and my RS SPL meter later today as well to make sure my Rythmik sub is still blending well with the towers.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Sounds like the way to go! I will change the Parasound 2100 preamp to run them full range and for movies through the yamaha receiver, I already lowered the crossover to 60Hz and kept them set at small. I plan to take some in room measurements with REW and my RS SPL meter later today as well to make sure my Rythmik sub is still blending well with the towers.
    we need pictures..glorious 10MP pictures and we need them fast....

Nice! These look fantastic. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair.

Dave - any updates on the center channel would be welcome as well!
    Jon O.

Ok boys,
    Some eye candy I admit my camera is just a basic canon, nothing special. The pics turned out OK.

I had to poke a little fun at the Salk owners who always photgraph the UPS/Fedex truck pulling up

Bought some bulk speaker wire from Ascend

Gloves, check!

Response graph

More pics....

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    More pics....

Enjoy!
    man those are some sweet looking speakers. I just drooled all over my keyboard..

Hey guys,
    Below are some measurements I took up to 2000Hz using my RS SPL and REW. I decided to recalibrate my Rythmik sub using my BFD. The towers are run full range with the 2100 preamp. With the Yamaha receiver I have them crossed at 60Hz. All graphs smoothed to 1/12.

Measurement with my preamp running both L&R towers and sub

Measurement with Yamaha receiver running both L&R towers with sub

Previous measurement with Ascend Sierras crossed over at 80Hz through the same preamp, only difference other than the speakers is the new acoustic 4" panels behind them. Could this be why I cannot achieve as flat a response with the new Towers?

Suggestions? I did try messing with the variable phase setting on the Sub and could not do any better.
    Thanks,
    Brandon