Page 267 of 271 FirstFirst ... 262263264265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Weird response from Anthem. Price list published on AVS forum (MRX and AVM owner threads) - link below (hope it works). Someone indicated they ordered the 740 8k and should receive in a week or so. I’d assume the 70 8k would also be available in similar time frame.

https://mcusercontent.com/61f5f74dcd...1db6-560537422
    Yep, my local dealer mentioned August for the upgrade with the price increase similar to the article. It's definitely better to wait than pay another sum of money to upgrade it later at this point. I plan to give it some time for Anthem to work the compatibility bugs out before I pull the trigger. Although progress has been made on the chipsets, HDMI is naturally a buggy ordeal. My PS5 & Xbox Series X run great on my MRX520, but I'm looking forward to the higher refresh rate option. I'm also curious if I'd hear any improvement in ARC performance on my Sierra RAAL towers as well. I like it for movies more so than music.
    Last edited by Robert; 07-19-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Wow, odd I emailed them 2-e weeks ago and a few weeks before that and was told they have no ETA. Guess I will wait and see. Good news is I pretty much deferred pro/pro to next year and am doing amp and speaker refresh this year. I am hoping Denon/Marantz will have they flagships refreshed then.

@Robert
    I went from 720 to AVM70. ARC ( or perhaps in combination with the new prepro) is much better for movies … and music, IMO. I never used ARC with music on the 720 as didn’t like the sound (seemed to dull the dynamics)

Quote Originally Posted by hdkeith View Post
    Wow, odd I emailed them 2-e weeks ago and a few weeks before that and was told they have no ETA. Guess I will wait and see. Good news is I pretty much deferred pro/pro to next year and am doing amp and speaker refresh this year. I am hoping Denon/Marantz will have they flagships refreshed then.
    Sounds like a good plan to me

Just got email: Towers and Horizon (both w/RAAL) now due to be delivered Friday! Putting together stereo and 4.0/5.1 surround playlists to audition...going from Sierra 2's L/R to towers with the Sierras in surround duty, so very excited to hear the upgrade.
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

I think you'll love the upgrade. I made the same move: S2's to Towers with RAAL and S2's moved to surround.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post
    Just got email: Towers and Horizon (both w/RAAL) now due to be delivered Friday! Putting together stereo and 4.0/5.1 surround playlists to audition...going from Sierra 2's L/R to towers with the Sierras in surround duty, so very excited to hear the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I think you'll love the upgrade. I made the same move: S2's to Towers with RAAL and S2's moved to surround.
    esnewtunemakers - I also think you will be very happy!
    That said, I noticed you are in Jackson, CA. My college roommate lives in Ione.
    -curtis

Good to hear racrawford65! I had considered upgrading the 2's to the EX but they already sound good.
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Thanks Curtis, I'm really looking forward to them. And that's wild, we're not a big county, small world!

My brother lives in Sacramento, does that count?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables