Page 262 of 271 FirstFirst ... 257258259260261262263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Thank you for the tip. Cherry looks super promising. Thank you.

If your still interested, I have the towers with raal. I bought the PS Audio stellar strata with a receiver trade in, and it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by jeenam View Post
    Can't say I'm interested in any of the above. They're mid-grade amps at best IMHO. Looking for something a bit more musical and refined. Don't even get me started on the overpriced PS Audio gear. The BHK stuff is good but isn't a good value. Rogue makes good gear but I'm not looking for tubes.
    Is that opinion based on having heard any of the listed amps? I have not so just curious. Are you basing that opinion on price?

I can say that the Van Alstine SET 120 is highly musical, dynamic, detailed and presents a great soundstage and imaging. If higher power is your desire, there's the 225 watt SET 400.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Opinion from reading reviews and feedback from others. I previously had a Van Alstine EXR series amp but sold it long ago before purchasing the Towers. I was spoiled for a long time running a pair of Paradigm Active 40v2 and they are extremely dynamic. I miss the dynamics and visceral impact of active speakers is most likely what it comes down to.

Also re Outlaw and Emotiva, neither would ever make it on my short list for amps because I do not consider them to be above mid-grade. The only setups I'd consider them with are home theatre and even then I'd be inclined to go with class D instead.

Perhaps I'll never be satisfied until I pony up the money for active PMC or ATC speakers.
    Last edited by jeenam; 07-16-2021 at 10:46 AM.

I just got a Horizon RAAL as my center to go with my RAAL towers and boy am I happy. Before the Horizon I had the Duo(vertical position) and it was pretty good, but the Horizon is on another level (size as well). Reason why I never got one before was because I didn't have the space for one till I recently moved. I've only had it for a bit, but right off the bat, I noticed that the midrange is clearer/cleaner and fuller sounding.

Dave if you're reading this, please if you ever decide to finally update the towers and horizon, please make it a drop on upgrade. I've started this hobby with a bunch of different speaker brands in my early days till I found the brand that I love, which are Ascend Acoustics. Started out with the Sierra 1s. Upgraded to 2s. Then went all out with the RAAL towers as my forever speakers a few years ago. I'm only upgrading when and if you decide to. Please make it a drop in upgrade as in a lot of your other line
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Quote Originally Posted by msound View Post
    I just got a Horizon RAAL as my center to go with my RAAL towers and boy am I happy. Before the Horizon I had the Duo(vertical position) and it was pretty good, but the Horizon is on another level (size as well). Reason why I never got one before was because I didn't have the space for one till I recently moved. I've only had it for a bit, but right off the bat, I noticed that the midrange is clearer/cleaner and fuller sounding.

Dave if you're reading this, please if you ever decide to finally update the towers and horizon, please make it a drop on upgrade. I've started this hobby with a bunch of different speaker brands in my early days till I found the brand that I love, which are Ascend Acoustics. Started out with the Sierra 1s. Upgraded to 2s. Then went all out with the RAAL towers as my forever speakers a few years ago. I'm only upgrading when and if you decide to. Please make it a drop in upgrade as in a lot of your other line
    Excellent, happy to hear that you are enjoying the Horizon, it is simply one of the best center channels available at any price.

Not sure I follow you on this though:

Any upgrades we offer would always require a crossover change. I think that might negate calling an upgrade "drop-in" but I honestly don't know how to categorize it.

Swapping out the crossover in our towers and horizons is a bit involved, but a customer can do it if they have some soldering experience.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Good thing I have soldering skills
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

msound - thanks for your comments on the Horizon and comparison to the Duo. I currently have the Duo and waiting patiently for my Horizon to ship.....

Hey Dave - Any spinorama data from the Klippel coming for the Towers?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Here we go!