Page 258 of 271 FirstFirst ... 253254255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

same here - quite satisfied with the Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    Sadly the issue I have with my setup is I only have maybe 8-9" max below my TV for a center, so the Horizon is too big (and for all it's technical prowess, it's not very attractive IMO), so a vertical 2EX would also not fit for the same reason... I feel like a 2EX with two woofers like the Duo would be idea...
    So, what would be the benefit here, other than size? More output from the woofers? I think you're limited by the tweeter. Technically, a "DUO Max" might have some merit based on the Tower/Horizon RAAL and two of the EX woofers. But, just because those two drivers are used in current products does not mean they are the best for such a product configuration. Dave an comment more on whether there is room for a meaningfully better center than the Duo, using the 2-way WTW configuration to reduce height.

I've always used a bookshelf so I have room for the Horizon. Which is good and bad. Good because I can get the biggest baddest center channel. Bad because the compromise would cost a lot less!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    I'd happily pay the price of the Horizon center for something like an MTM 2EX that was slimmer. The Horizon just doesn't look good.
    I am curious about this... What would be a ballpark figure you would be willing to pay?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

We'd be looking at like $2000-2500 I assume. It doesn't really fit in compared to the other products unless some super sierra towers come out as well for which the returns would be very diminishing. If the tweeter has to be offset to sound best, then the cabinet height would still be substantial though more manageable than the horizon. It would probably need to be rear ported for the space-saving factor, even though placement would be less flexible. Not going to lie, I'd still be tempted to buy if it ever happens.
    Last edited by Spamilton; 03-16-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: more text

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am curious about this... What would be a ballpark figure you would be willing to pay?
    As I said, same as a Horizon Center so $1100. If you had an option (even a 2-way) that was roughly 8” tall in a MTM configuration that was a good match for the towers, I’d instantly buy that. For home theater I think centers are really important.

The Horizon with the RAAL is $1450 minimum, then take into account the woofers used in the 2EX. That is $2k easy.

A single 2EX is $838, so adding a second woofer at say 50% of the overall cost brings it to $1257... somewhere in that ballpark would work for me.

That is with the smaller RAAL, which is fine, but might as well go all in with the big boy. Salk does these kinds of projects if you're really interested. I see Ascend as a more practical, wallet-friendly version of Salk so I'm not sure they will ever go down that road, though I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed 😅.

Ah yes I forgot about Salk as an option! I guess I like matching speakers too much (sound as well as finish!) and I'm planning to go for the natural bamboo so I'll probably stick with the Duo Center until there's another option. Or perhaps one day I'll have a different space in my next home where I can make a horizon fit!