Page 257 of 271 FirstFirst ... 252253254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

choirbass - as I recall, the UMC-1 should be able to make the necessary corrections/connections.

FYI, I had one of these when they first came out - dealt with the bugs for a year or so while Emotiva tried to work them out - still wasn't right when they started the 30 day return window (unannounced to customers - I was lucky that I was on the phone with them and happened to find out). Needless to say, got an RMA number, boxed it up, and sent it back to get my money back. I don't know if Emotiva ever got it relatively stable.

I hope I don’t encounter any bugs, the UMC-1 seemed stable the last time I used it. It has the latest firmware installed on it too. I just need some interconnect cables and a universal remote as I lost the one it came with before I can make use of it.
    Last edited by choirbass; 03-09-2021 at 04:06 AM.

What is currently the best center to pair with Sierra Towers with RAAL if you can't fit a Horizon center? The Sierra 2EX or Duo?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    What is currently the best center to pair with Sierra Towers with RAAL if you can't fit a Horizon center? The Sierra 2EX or Duo?
    The 2EX is a better speaker if you can make it work. The duo would be good for a smaller room. Many are using the 2EX in a horizontal position, but I wasn't 100% sold when I tried it. If you can make it work in the vertical position, that would be better. I actually go back and forth between enabling and disabling the center. The dialogue stands out more for sure, but everything just sounds more balanced and natural coming out of the fronts, and I've done endless tweaking to try to get everything to sound right. ymmv

Sadly the issue I have with my setup is I only have maybe 8-9" max below my TV for a center, so the Horizon is too big (and for all it's technical prowess, it's not very attractive IMO), so a vertical 2EX would also not fit for the same reason... I feel like a 2EX with two woofers like the Duo would be idea...

Could you set the TV on the Horizon or get a TV riser (eg syracuse risers makes custom ones)?

That said, I use the Duo w/ my RAAL Towers and it works fine for me for the occasional movie I watch (mostly music).

Dave mentioned somewhere that an MTM 2EX would be too expensive, though it would be an interesting experiment. I, too, wish I had room for the Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamilton View Post
    Dave mentioned somewhere that an MTM 2EX would be too expensive, though it would be an interesting experiment. I, too, wish I had room for the Horizon.
    I'd happily pay the price of the Horizon center for something like an MTM 2EX that was slimmer. The Horizon just doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Could you set the TV on the Horizon or get a TV riser (eg syracuse risers makes custom ones)?

That said, I use the Duo w/ my RAAL Towers and it works fine for me for the occasional movie I watch (mostly music).

I could technically make a Horizon work but then my TV would be far too high. I think there's a reason almost every mainstream speaker manufacturer (Paradigm, B&W, Klipsch, KEF, etc. etc.) all have slimmer wider centers - it's what works physically and aesthetically the best for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    Duo. Ascend has a try it at home policy, so you can decide for yourself in your own room with your own equipment with your own sources. Not much of a risk for you IMHO. That said, I'm not letting my Duo go unless I can find a way to handle a Horizon. But that could be just me.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington