Page 248 of 271 FirstFirst ... 243244245246247248249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    Thanks!

My turntable is a George Merrill PolyTable with Digital Motor Drive. Tonearm is a Jelco SA-750e, and I'm running an Ortofon 2M Bronze.
    Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet3
    Amplifier: Jolida JD302CRC (50 wpc)

��
    Nice analog rig.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Nice analog rig.

Thanks!
    After listening to "Song For America" (Kansas, 1975) yesterday afternoon, I'm pretty much convinced that these speakers are in the top 5 or so that I have ever listened to. And, after hearing 'Lonely Street', my jaw hit the floor! Just amazing!! Of course, as all things go, your mileage may vary.
    I really don't see adding my Mirage subwoofer to the mix. Maybe down the road after buying the Ascend center and rears, and possibly buying one of Dave's Rythmik Subwoofers, we might discuss integrating it to my 2 channel rig. But; at this point, I think I'll just use the sub for my 5.1.
    Following Kansas, I put on "Days of Future Passed" (The Moody Blues). Man!! I really need to add more orchestral music to my collection.

UPS showed up yesterday afternoon at about 4:20pm!

Initial impression; Quality! From unboxing them to attaching the base to connecting them to my system. My hat is off to Dave, Dina, and the entire team at Ascend Acoustics! I cannot begin to say just how many email exchanges I've had with Dave over the past several weeks! Outstanding Customer Service!
    I have been thinking quite a bit about the first record I would play when they arrived. Well; since I have been on a bit of an early rock & rockabilly kick of late, I decided it would be Robert Gordon's "Fresh Fish Special". Particularly, the opening track, "The Way I Walk". Great guitar, strong bass, and that voice! The Sierra's deliver from top to bottom! The RAAL ribbon tweeters provide an amazing mid-high to high end, and spacious sound stage. The mid-woofer (above the tweeter) provides a sound that I'm not accustomed to. More midrange for sure! The dual woofers go fairly deep, and are extremely tight and punchy to my ears. And, I am not running my Mirage subwoofer, and won't with my 2 channel setup. That is now connected via sub cable directly to my Sony ES AVR.
    I followed up Robert Gordon with "Pyramid" by The Alan Parsons Project, and the first LP of "The Best of Chris Issak. After the vinyl, I loaded my Oppo, & played some of Chris Rea's, "New Light Through Old Windows. By this time, I was ready for another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!
    Yeah, the Sierra Towers are the last main speakers that I'll own! 🍻

Photos...

https://postimg.cc/gallery/NHX83vP
    Looks fantastic! Very happy you are enjoying the speakers and thanks so much for putting your confidence in us.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Looks fantastic! Very happy you are enjoying the speakers and thanks so much for putting your confidence in us.
    Thank you, Dave! And, you're very welcome! You've inspired confidence with great speakers, and fantastic customer service!

'Thought I would share an observation from yesterday morning's listening session...
    Sunday morning listening to "Boys & Girls" (Bryan Ferry) on CD, I decided to turn my Sierra's to fire straight - no toe in.
    Room size: approximately 18' deep by 22' wide.
    Sierra Towers are about 9' apart. Center seating position from front line is about 10'.* Placement from back wall; 19". I think this speaker placement is excellent with an even better soundstage. Saturday night, I was listening to, "The Trinity Sessions" (Cowboy Junkies) CD.
    I was sitting in my love seat off-axis to the left about 45 degrees, 9' away from my left tower. It sounded quite good. To give some idea, from that position, looking straight ahead, I was pretty much looking at the right corner of my TV, left edge of my audio rack. Very nice imaging for being that much off center.
    Something else; the subtle bass frequencies offered by "The Trinity Sessions" were quite evident. The speakers continue to amaze and impress me.
    I did spend most of the day yesterday listening more off center from the center, and left the Sierra's straightforward. This morning, I think I will will toe them in ever so slightly as I listen to some Al DiMeola, & Spyro Gyra on vinyl, and seated in the center of my couch. We'll see how the soundstage changes. Either way, I know it will sound fantastic!

I have the first release of the Sierra Towers. After migrating my Sierra 1’s into my home office, my Towers are moving into another room as well, so I will be replacing them with another set for our family room and I am looking to upgrade. Has anyone “upgraded” from the original Sierra Towers to the Towers with RAAL? With this opportunity, I intend to significantly upgrade my system electronics and add a second sub to go along with my E15. I’m curious about others’ experiences, specifically whether Towers to RAAL Towers was a significant step forward?

Quote Originally Posted by malaplace View Post
    I have the first release of the Sierra Towers. After migrating my Sierra 1’s into my home office, my Towers are moving into another room as well, so I will be replacing them with another set for our family room and I am looking to upgrade. Has anyone “upgraded” from the original Sierra Towers to the Towers with RAAL? With this opportunity, I intend to significantly upgrade my system electronics and add a second sub to go along with my E15. I’m curious about others’ experiences, specifically whether Towers to RAAL Towers was a significant step forward?
    We have actually performed many tower ribbon upgrades at our office for customers who first purchased the dome version but later decided to go with ribbons. The vast majority greatly preferred the ribbon version, in fact - I recall only only one customer preferring the dome version.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I'm sitting here listening to Mannheim Steamroller "Christmas" (original CD from 1984).
    I am beyond words!!! Pure magic on my Sierra Towers!!!!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Stay Safe!

I'm sitting here listening to Mannheim Steamroller "Christmas" (original CD from 1984).
    I am beyond words!!! Pure magic on my Sierra Towers!!!!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    One of my favorites! Fresh Aire V was one of my go to CD's for critical listening from around 1987 - 1992. Still holds up well...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com