Page 247 of 271 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Congratulations, Outlaw. Same finish I have on my Towers w/ RAAL. Stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Congratulations, Outlaw. Same finish I have on my Towers w/ RAAL. Stunning!
    Thanks!! I am definitely excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Actually, no - you would not suffer the same fate. Different speakers have different bass responses, regardless of how deep the speakers play. There are a lot of factors that come into play, the rolloff rate of the speaker, the "Q", the linearity. In the case of our Sierra Towers, they have a very natural bass roll off, even if placed close to walls, they will not sound boomy. In fact, in thousands of pairs sold - regardless of the room or placement, I don't think we have ever had a customer comment about them sounding boomy. We actually have them positioned about 6" away from the wall in our demo room at the office, and this is not a large room.

Hope this helps!

Hi Dave.

Thanks for your much valued input, it is appreciated.

I have found your range of speakers to be very highly regarded.
    I have put your towers on my shortlist.

Mike.
    Seeking knowledge.....

Hi everyone!
    I've received my sales order from Ascend, and it looks like they will have my cabinets by the end of the month. So; it won't be too long until my Sierra Towers are in my home. 👍
    I was thinking about running the Sierra's without a subwoofer. Since owning my Paradigm's (13 years on), I have run a Mirage S10 200 watt subwoofer. Sometimes, I switch it off, depending on the music. In doing my research, I've read some great reviews indicating the bass is quite good with Sierra towers. Maybe, I wouldn't miss the sub.
    Since, my 2 channel system is integrated with my home theater system (my Jolida integrated amp is connected via HT Bypass), I could connect the sub with the Sub Input to the Sub Output on my Sony ES AVR, and use it for my 5.1 alone. At this stage, I'm just thinking out loud.
    For anyone running the Sierra Towers without a subwoofer for your 2 channel rig, I certainly welcome your thoughts!
    Especially, if you previously used a subwoofer, and no longer use one. 🍻🙂
    Thanks all!

My music runs from Neil Young to Lorenna McKennitt to ELP to Porcupine Tree to The Carpenters to Al DiMeola, and beyond. Mostly vinyl. But; CDs on occasion.

I'm mostly vinyl, as well. I generally run my subs when listening to music, though. However, on occasion, do turn them off and the bass is quite good with the Towers

I'm mostly vinyl, as well. I generally run my subs when listening to music, though. However, on occasion, do turn them off and the bass is quite good with the Towers
    Thanks for posting! UPS sent me updated delivery status last evening. My Sierra Towers are now scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, November 11th. 🍻👍

UPS showed up yesterday afternoon at about 4:20pm!

Initial impression; Quality! From unboxing them to attaching the base to connecting them to my system. My hat is off to Dave, Dina, and the entire team at Ascend Acoustics! I cannot begin to say just how many email exchanges I've had with Dave over the past several weeks! Outstanding Customer Service!
    I have been thinking quite a bit about the first record I would play when they arrived. Well; since I have been on a bit of an early rock & rockabilly kick of late, I decided it would be Robert Gordon's "Fresh Fish Special". Particularly, the opening track, "The Way I Walk". Great guitar, strong bass, and that voice! The Sierra's deliver from top to bottom! The RAAL ribbon tweeters provide an amazing mid-high to high end, and spacious sound stage. The mid-woofer (above the tweeter) provides a sound that I'm not accustomed to. More midrange for sure! The dual woofers go fairly deep, and are extremely tight and punchy to my ears. And, I am not running my Mirage subwoofer, and won't with my 2 channel setup. That is now connected via sub cable directly to my Sony ES AVR.
    I followed up Robert Gordon with "Pyramid" by The Alan Parsons Project, and the first LP of "The Best of Chris Issak. After the vinyl, I loaded my Oppo, & played some of Chris Rea's, "New Light Through Old Windows. By this time, I was ready for another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!
    Yeah, the Sierra Towers are the last main speakers that I'll own! 🍻

Photos...

https://postimg.cc/gallery/NHX83vP

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    UPS showed up yesterday afternoon at about 4:20pm!

Initial impression; Quality! From unboxing them to attaching the base to connecting them to my system. My hat is off to Dave, Dina, and the entire team at Ascend Acoustics! I cannot begin to say just how many email exchanges I've had with Dave over the past several weeks! Outstanding Customer Service!
    I have been thinking quite a bit about the first record I would play when they arrived. Well; since I have been on a bit of an early rock & rockabilly kick of late, I decided it would be Robert Gordon's "Fresh Fish Special". Particularly, the opening track, "The Way I Walk". Great guitar, strong bass, and that voice! The Sierra's deliver from top to bottom! The RAAL ribbon tweeters provide an amazing mid-high to high end, and spacious sound stage. The mid-woofer (above the tweeter) provides a sound that I'm not accustomed to. More midrange for sure! The dual woofers go fairly deep, and are extremely tight and punchy to my ears. And, I am not running my Mirage subwoofer, and won't with my 2 channel setup. That is now connected via sub cable directly to my Sony ES AVR.
    I followed up Robert Gordon with "Pyramid" by The Alan Parsons Project, and the first LP of "The Best of Chris Issak. After the vinyl, I loaded my Oppo, & played some of Chris Rea's, "New Light Through Old Windows. By this time, I was ready for another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!
    Yeah, the Sierra Towers are the last main speakers that I'll own! 🍻

Photos...

https://postimg.cc/gallery/NHX83vP
    Nice setup and pics.
    What turntable/cartridge are you running?

Congrats!

Nice setup and pics.
    What turntable/cartridge are you running?
    Thanks!

My turntable is a George Merrill PolyTable with Digital Motor Drive. Tonearm is a Jelco SA-750e, and I'm running an Ortofon 2M Bronze.
    Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet3
    Amplifier: Jolida JD302CRC (50 wpc)

🍻