Page 241 of 271 FirstFirst ... 236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would have to retake the spins and doing so with towers is quite complicated and cumbersome. With my recent injury which has resulted in a bum left shoulder, manipulating large speakers has become difficult for me. Hopefully I will continue to heal and find the available time to take these measurements again.
    Hi Dave
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Get well soon!
    Stay safe!
    Best regards, Robert

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Hi Dave
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Get well soon!
    Stay safe!
    Best regards, Robert
    Thank you - it hasn't been easy - going on 7 months now but at least my clavicle, ribs and hand have fully healed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've had the towers running with my parasound a31 since I got them about 6 months ago. They absolutely sound amazing. I just bought a Classe Ct-5300 to replace the parasound and I can't wait to fire them up with the towers. I'm just so excited that I want to vent and share
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Quick question. I have the Sierra Nrt Towers from the initial release in 2011. I love them and no complaints. I’m curious whether there is a RAAL retrofit/ upgrade for my towers? I guess this would be similar to the NRT upgrade I performed on my original Sierra 1’s that are my reference monitors in another area of my house to this day

Quote Originally Posted by malaplace View Post
    Quick question. I have the Sierra Nrt Towers from the initial release in 2011. I love them and no complaints. I’m curious whether there is a RAAL retrofit/ upgrade for my towers? I guess this would be similar to the NRT upgrade I performed on my original Sierra 1’s that are my reference monitors in another area of my house to this day
    For the Towers, I believe some work needs to be done internally to the cabinet to retrofit the RAALs.
    -curtis

Thanks for the response! Good to know. I am probably not handy enough to tackle that, but I still have the itch after reading so much about the RAAL.... Hmm

Thanks for the response! Good to know. I am probably not handy enough to tackle that, but I still have the itch after reading so much about the RAAL.... Hmm
    I think it is required to send them in for the retrofit. Not sure though.
    -curtis

Yes...iirc...I returned the STC for the necessary refit. Though still under warranty....I listed this under warranty repair ( Dave's recommendation) to avoid any potential custom charges, duty or taxes for new tweeter.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

It can be done. I retrofitted my towers to the RAAL....not easy but can be done with some cabinet modification around the tweeter cutout.

I honestly don't recommend customers attempt this unless they have some good woodworking skills and a router. It is complicated and very easy to permanently damage the cabinet. It is best if we handle it for you.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com