Page 234 of 271 FirstFirst ... 229230231232233234235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

When I started putting pieces together for a listening system a lot of the fun was trying different Components, and I wondered if I would ever get to the point where I was satisfied enough to Not think about changing anything out anymore and would some of the fun be gone?

I can honestly say after years of having the Towers with the Rythmik 12” sub I dont miss The chase at all. I just thoroughly enjoy them and the search for new music to explore with them. The 300w per channel XPA-2 amp matches wonderfully with the towers and Emotiva is a great Combo with these speakers. Thanks Dave for such a great Speaker that while not cheap by any means Is a tremendous value!! ........Ray
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Audiator for a small room I find the center channel isn’t that important. I have a room where the front towers are about 7feet apart, too. I went from 3.1 to 2.1 and don’t miss the center channel. I vote you get the towers with Raal

Thanks uncola. After considering your advice as well as that from others, I have decided to start out by ordering the RAAL towers. That would be a nice birthday gift, don't you think? I won't order until mid December, and it's painful to have to wait. Such is life.

Don

Well things have moved quickly. I just placed an order for the Sierra Towers (Raal) and the Horizon (Raal), both in satin cherry. Dina cheerfully and efficiently took my order, and everything is set to go. I should receive my speakers in early December.

I was planning to only order the towers, but I decided to add the Horizon in the interest of "future proofing." My next home will have a "proper" HT room, and will be larger than my current small room. My wife will be invited to watch a movie together with me that we both like. I'm preemptively dealing with any potential problem with an insufficient "phantom center" now. At any rate, I'm a person prone to excess, as has been discussed with Jack1949. I would venture that many others on this forum share the same trait.

Jack1949- I have already ordered the "Hans Zimmer Live in Prague" bluray. It will be the first thing that I play with my new setup!

Don
    Last edited by Audiator; 11-05-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: poor sentence structure

Congrats on the purchase!
    I hear you about excess-thinking of adding a second sub just because!

@Audiator
    Don,
    Congrats on your purchase! I hope you enjoy them for many years to come.

One thing I forgot to mention when I was explaining my experience. The first music I played on my new Ascend speakers were from my old favorite CDs and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Later I listened to some hi-res songs I downloaded from HDTracks and then I was very impressed. So the moral of the story is the recording quality is reflected in the sound quality. I should have thought about that before I put in the first CD.

Since you're starting with Hans Zimmer, you won't have that problem, but I thought it was worthwhile mentioning. My favorite tracks on that disc start with track 12 The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Jack

Jack- Well then I'll start with track 12 as well!! As far as a second sub for me- I don't have enough space in my small room or I would!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Audiator View Post
    Well things have moved quickly. I just placed an order for the Sierra Towers (Raal) and the Horizon (Raal), both in satin cherry. Dina cheerfully and efficiently took my order, and everything is set to go. I should receive my speakers in early December.

I was planning to only order the towers, but I decided to add the Horizon in the interest of "future proofing." My next home will have a "proper" HT room, and will be larger than my current small room. My wife will be invited to watch a movie together with me that we both like. I'm preemptively dealing with any potential problem with an insufficient "phantom center" now. At any rate, I'm a person prone to excess, as has been discussed with Jack1949. I would venture that many others on this forum share the same trait.

Jack1949- I have already ordered the "Hans Zimmer Live in Prague" bluray. It will be the first thing that I play with my new setup!

Don
    Thanks so much for getting your order in!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just put in an order online yesterday night for a black matte tower with RAAL. So excited. Been researching these speakers for a few months now. Getting approvals and making the leap! Now the painful wait. Hoping it will arrive by end of next week.
    Ascend folks - please make it happen

Think its really interesting how the speakers were designed 8 years ago yet such a strong following! Can't wait to plug these in and do a comparison vs my current tower setup. What should I listen to? I have these in mind:
    Norah Jones - Come Away With Me album
    Miles Davis - individual tracks
    Hans Zimmer Live in Prague - Blu ray

Quote Originally Posted by pointfive View Post
    Just put in an order online yesterday night for a black matte tower with RAAL. So excited. Been researching these speakers for a few months now. Getting approvals and making the leap! Now the painful wait. Hoping it will arrive by end of next week.
    Ascend folks - please make it happen

Think its really interesting how the speakers were designed 8 years ago yet such a strong following! Can't wait to plug these in and do a comparison vs my current tower setup. What should I listen to? I have these in mind:
    Norah Jones - Come Away With Me album
    Miles Davis - individual tracks
    Hans Zimmer Live in Prague - Blu ray
    Beatles-Abbey Road. Blu-Ray with Atmos. (not cheap)
    Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Blu Ray (cheap)
    Nate