Page 230 of 271 FirstFirst ... 225226227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by euphorium View Post
    I've heard some really great things about Anthem as well. I've had my eyes on a am50 not sure if I need an am60 at 3x the cost.
    If you don't need latest (eg ATMOS, HDMI 2.0, etc), AVM 50 would be nice. As you know, would also need amp. You could also look for a last generation MRX (e.g. 710 or 510) - a bit newer technology which could probably be had for similar pricing as the avm50. Or a new MRX520 with the 20% off is around USD1100..latest, including ARC Genesis for room correction/sub integration. This could be used as a pre as has pre-outs for a separate amp or you could try the on-board amps before spending for a separate amplifier. FYI - I run an MRX720 as a prepro with a separate two channel amp for R&L mains and 7 channel for the rest -- although I am considering "down-sizing" and using the MRX to drive Center and SR/SL, and a separate 4 channel for the heights.

Quote Originally Posted by euphorium View Post
    I've heard some really great things about Anthem as well. I've had my eyes on a am50 not sure if I need an am60 at 3x the cost.
    As mentioned, pay close attention to the features you need.
    You will need the HDMI 2.0 compatibility of the current models if you want it to support 4K TVs and HDR/Dolby Vision.
    -curtis

Not sure if it belongs here or not, but haven't found the discussion yet elsewhere in the forums...

The Sierra Towers have 5.25" woofers while the bookshelf Sierra 2's boast "full" 6-inch mid/woofers. And, now there is a new "EX" version of the 6-inch driver...

Will the Towers eventually incorporate the new EX technology? I realize some of the basic geometry is wrong (5.25" vs. 6" drivers), but just wondering....

I am so tempted to upgrade my Sierra 2's to the EX drivers (they are my "main" L/R at the moment, and I do really like them, even moreso with a recent upgrade to "separates" my system) but I am about to reconfigure my setup, which will allow for "full size" speakers for L/R and I'm considering the Sierra Towers (full disclosure: also considering the Triton 2+ towers) as L/R (2's to be "relegated" to surround duty).

So, just wondering if the Towers will ever benefit from the touted sound quality improvements of the 2's?
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post
    Not sure if it belongs here or not, but haven't found the discussion yet elsewhere in the forums...

The Sierra Towers have 5.25" woofers while the bookshelf Sierra 2's boast "full" 6-inch mid/woofers. And, now there is a new "EX" version of the 6-inch driver...

Will the Towers eventually incorporate the new EX technology? I realize some of the basic geometry is wrong (5.25" vs. 6" drivers), but just wondering....

I am so tempted to upgrade my Sierra 2's to the EX drivers (they are my "main" L/R at the moment, and I do really like them, even moreso with a recent upgrade to "separates" my system) but I am about to reconfigure my setup, which will allow for "full size" speakers for L/R and I'm considering the Sierra Towers (full disclosure: also considering the Triton 2+ towers) as L/R (2's to be "relegated" to surround duty).

So, just wondering if the Towers will ever benefit from the touted sound quality improvements of the 2's?
    I'm also interested in the above.

+1.

I don't think it would be worth it for the bass drivers to be upgraded to the ex woofers. The cost versus performance is too much for just bass drivers. It would cost at about $1000 more per pair. I myself have a sub so it's less of a factor for me. I'm sure upper bass can be improved, but is it worth the price difference?? I think if Dave concentrate on upgrading just the mid driver it would be more appealing as the mids are very important to me and with only one driver to upgrade it would cost less for us. Hopefully Dave would have a kit for us to do it ourselves

Excellent points...and I know it's thin ice to be second-guessing Dave's designs in any case. And, I haven't yet gotten towers, so I shouldn't be wishing them to be more expensive!

Yeah I have always wanted the towers since the very first day they came out. I have had the 1s then the 2s for about 7 years now. Love them to death. The towers at close to 3k is honestly the most I'm willing to spend on speakers. The towers are my dream and end game speakers. Fast forward to the present, I am waiting for the towers to be delivered
    Last edited by msound; 10-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Congrats!! Let us know how you like them.

I have had mine for about 5 years now. Using a Rythmik F12 and a Yamaha 3060, they are still a great listen.

I had a few days of free time and decided instead of reading a book, to read through 230 pages of this tower thread! Lol Great read. In all honesty, I did skipped some here and there. But I think I got all of Dave's post though . Just trying to get ready for my towers coming on Friday .
    Last edited by msound; 10-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite