Page 226 of 271 FirstFirst ... 221222223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by r0nski2000 View Post
    @davef
    Is color consistency between different production runs something to be concerned about?
    If I was to order say towers or Lunas now in satin espresso, and a horizon when it is available in March would they
    Match as well as if I ordered all of them at the same time?
    Tia
    Hi Tia,

There are always slight color variations, even within the same batch as this is the nature of real wood. That said, If you order speakers from us and one of the items is out-of-stock, we take pictures of the speakers so that we can better match the finish when the out of stock items arrive. In addition to this, we also invested in a professional color reading device so that we can take color readings and store the information in situations like this. We can never get it exact, even when we have all the products in stock -- but, I will say that in many thousands sold - we get very few complaints about color matches
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I installed the Sierra 2 Center yesterday. It really made a difference towards matching the towers. My wife and I watched a movie and part of a JT concert and the sound is amazing. Great bass, and as so many have said the notes just seem to hang in the air. My wife loves the sound.

With the Sierra 2 sounding so good, I just can't imagine what difference the Horizon will make... but I will next year!

Dave, Dina is great to work with and thank you so much for the music you continue to perfect in my life!
    You are very welcome and I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the system. Happy Holidays!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just placed my order for the RAAL Towers with Dave and Dina! Excited to get these bad boys in.

They値l be replacing the Sierra 2痴 (frankly I知 a slightly scared as to what to expect, the sierras are such a good sounding speaker).

Sad to say it値l be a while before they get shipped out with the bamboo shortage. Excited!

Using RAAL Towers, I'd like to hear opinions on the following as a centre speaker:

1. 3rd RAAL Tower behind a Acoustically Transparent Screen
    2. Sierra Luna (in standard vertical configuration) under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    3. Sierra-2 (in standard vertical configuration) under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    4. Sierra Horizon Centre under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    5. Sierra-2 Centre under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot

Quote Originally Posted by jpmc View Post
    Just placed my order for the RAAL Towers with Dave and Dina! Excited to get these bad boys in.

They値l be replacing the Sierra 2痴 (frankly I知 a slightly scared as to what to expect, the sierras are such a good sounding speaker).

Sad to say it値l be a while before they get shipped out with the bamboo shortage. Excited!
    Let us know what you think after some listening. I壇 be looking at the same upgrade eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Using RAAL Towers, I'd like to hear opinions on the following as a centre speaker:

2. Sierra Luna (in standard vertical configuration) under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    3. Sierra-2 (in standard vertical configuration) under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    4. Sierra Horizon Centre under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    5. Sierra-2 Centre under a wall-mounted TV, angled up to point at the primary listening spot
    If I had/have the option of getting an acoustically transparent screen projector set up I would go with 3 towers. If my only option was a tv I’d go with the Horizon. I have a TV so I went with a Horizon.

Horizon is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by mharris2007 View Post
    Horizon is the only option.
    Why Horizon over third tower? I'd argue identical LCR is better than centre made for L R.

Hi Roen,

Between all of your options, I would recommend going with the Horizon either behind an AT screen or under a wall mounted TV. Reason being is that the Horizon has a bit more slam than the towers (towers have slightly deeper bass) and this is ideal for center channel duty. Luna as a center with L/R Towers will not be able to keep up and as good as the Sierra-2 is, the Horizon is simply better...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Anyone out there have experience with Parasound (Hint 6, specifically) and the Sierra tower? I am wondering about opinions on if they play nice. I am trying to put together a 2 channel system, and have started research. Living in a somewhat remote area, auditioning is difficult at best. Thank you all!