Page 225 of 271 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Good info. Always nice to know more about the Towers.

Speaking of the towers, that night my friend came over to listen to them we skipped the usual audiophile music and went right to this CD- The Best of Judas Priest: Living After Midnight (1997). Most of the CD has the usual studio cuts, but two or three of the songs are from live recordings. The live songs have some truly thunderous bass. You get that sense of a huge stack of 12" or 15" woofers filling an arena. The dual 5.25" woofers in the Towers capture that sound just right.

I ordered the ASCEND towers w/ RAAL yesterday to upgrade my system. I currently have Sierra 1 NRT’s LCR and 340s across the back. I can’t afford to upgrade the center at the moment. I can essentially buy whatever I want however the wife gets to spend the same amount!

My plan is to move the Sierras to the rear for the time being and use the Sierra center. Long-term I plan to upgrade the center to a Sierra 2. Is there any advantage to upgrade the rears to the Sierra 2 as well?

Since I live 1.5 hours away from ASCEND I think I will take the Sierras in to be upgraded. Is that still an option and what does it normally cost? Is that still an option and what does it normally cost?

Now the waiting begins as I’m sure ASCEND is very busy after Black Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    My plan is to move the Sierras to the rear for the time being and use the Sierra center. Long-term I plan to upgrade the center to a Sierra 2. Is there any advantage to upgrade the rears to the Sierra 2 as well?
    I would say yes, but that's because I enjoy listening to multi-channel music. For movies, the improvement may be less noticeable. Instead of upgrading all three to Sierra-2s, I think a better investment would be a Horizon w/Raal, as long as you can fit it. Or a custom sized Horizon equivalent.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I would say yes, but that's because I enjoy listening to multi-channel music. For movies, the improvement may be less noticeable. Instead of upgrading all three to Sierra-2s, I think a better investment would be a Horizon w/Raal, as long as you can fit it. Or a custom sized Horizon equivalent.
    That is an option I was considering. I will have to do some measuring. One Horizon w/RAAL is close to upgrading 3 Sierra’s in price.

I received and installed the Towers. Love them. I am currently using a Sierra 1 NRT center. I can tell the difference from the RAAL towers. I guess I never realized how much of the movie/TV sound comes from the center. So, the wife is getting the Sierra 1's for her living room and Dina is sending me a Sierra 2 center until the Horizons are available in March. Wife made me agree to upgrade the carpet and tile in the house for Xmas next year. Seemed fair to me!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I received and installed the Towers. Love them. I am currently using a Sierra 1 NRT center. I can tell the difference from the RAAL towers. I guess I never realized how much of the movie/TV sound comes from the center. So, the wife is getting the Sierra 1's for her living room and Dina is sending me a Sierra 2 center until the Horizons are available in March. Wife made me agree to upgrade the carpet and tile in the house for Xmas next year. Seemed fair to me!
    NOOOO!!!

Horizons won't be available til March? Is that the current view?

I hate waiting...

so. worth. the. wait.

Quote Originally Posted by dkuster View Post
    NOOOO!!!

Horizons won't be available til March? Is that the current view?

I hate waiting...
    Do you already have an order in?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I installed the Sierra 2 Center yesterday. It really made a difference towards matching the towers. My wife and I watched a movie and part of a JT concert and the sound is amazing. Great bass, and as so many have said the notes just seem to hang in the air. My wife loves the sound.

With the Sierra 2 sounding so good, I just can't imagine what difference the Horizon will make... but I will next year!

Dave, Dina is great to work with and thank you so much for the music you continue to perfect in my life!

@davef
    Is color consistency between different production runs something to be concerned about?
    If I was to order say towers or Lunas now in satin espresso, and a horizon when it is available in March would they
    Match as well as if I ordered all of them at the same time?
    Tia