Page 220 of 271 FirstFirst ... 215216217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    @ascend

thread pitch and thread count? Id like to buy some bolts and use a "soft" set up. I have hard wood floors. I did this for a pair of speakers before. Bought bolts and coated them in "dipped rubber" so i could move them around till perfect then installed spikes with disc.

music guy.
    The threaded inserts are 1/4-20. I use these instead of the spikes for my pair of towers which are on hardwood floors:

http://amzn.com/B00O66SWPO

The compressed felt bottoms make moving and positioning the towers very easy.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you,
    Thats even better!!!

Musicguy

Got my shipping notice. It's almost Tower time!

Quote Originally Posted by JR123 View Post
    Got my shipping notice. It's almost Tower time!
    Very nice! What finish did you go with?

I went with satin black bamboo on the towers. I always liked the look of my piano black Sierra 1s sitting on the TP-24 stands, so I tried to go for a similar look on my new speakers.

The towers arrived! Both boxes are in perfect shape. Now some time to get them set up...

OK, that is some of the best packaging I've ever seen. The towers are really packed with care. So they are now out of the boxes and hooked up, sitting in the exact same spot as my Sierra-1s on TP-24 stands. I will play with positioning and toe-in some, but at least they are up and running. Beautiful build quality. So I'll do a little break-in over the weekend and should get some real listening time in on Monday!

Received my towers w/RAAL yesterday and set up last night. Set them up about 24" from the back wall. Spent 3 hours listening to 2 channel music from my Yamaha CX-A5100/MX-5000 in my home theater in Pure Direct mode, a little vinyl and SACD, but mostly streaming hi rez from my library and Tidal through a Bluesound Node 2.
    The towers are really good, I don't think they are overrated at all. Strings and winds instruments float in the air, and they image really well. Female voices are incredible. I was surprised by the speed and tightness of the bass with these speakers. For music, I don't think I'd want a sub, but tonight I'll run YPAO and cross it with my subs and see.
    Since I already have a pair of speakers with RAAL in my 2 channel system (Song3-A) I knew what to expect from the RAAL's. But it has been a pleasant surprise how good the bass and mids are on these.

Horizon/RAAL shipping Monday to finish my HT upgrade, can't wait.

Mark G.

I can't think of any reason not to run a sub no matter what you're listening to honestly. Zero reason to make a speaker try to play that low if you have another speaker (sub) laying around that's designed just for that. Glad you like the towers though. They sure are beautiful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC39 View Post
    I can't think of any reason not to run a sub no matter what you're listening to honestly. Zero reason to make a speaker try to play that low if you have another speaker (sub) laying around that's designed just for that.
    It is a preference thing.

Some subs, even though designed for bass, just don't sound as good, and the Sierra Tower has good bass. Some people don't need/care for the lower octave. For HT though, without subs, you'd be missing a lot.

For some it is an integration issue, and they just can't get the integration right for whatever reason.

And for others, it is just a psychological thing.

I don't think I could live without a sub, but over the years, I have learned it isn't the same for everyone.
    -curtis